• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I'm not knocking those or the Gen 4's. Just sayin' that if there is choice, err on the side of the current way they are making them. You're not gonna go wrong with any of them, if you find one available at reasonable pricing you should buy it.

As mentioned above, buy 'em all, if you are without. We don't know how things might go politically or socially, but a solid bet is that things won't get better for a while.
    Oh of course! I agree. Just offering an option in case the one he’s looking at has the cut out piece.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If you really want the CZ, I wouldn't settle for something else. Get the CZ. You'll resent the Glock the whole time you own it, otherwise, which is sad because they're good guns too...just very different from the CZ. Two Bear Arms in Etna Green had a few of them last week when I was in there, and so did Tomlinson's in Churrubusco. It looks like it would be a bit of a drive for you, but if that's what I wanted I'd make the road trip. Call first, though...things are moving fast these days.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Right on i appreciate that. I can get my hands on the Glock 19 gen 5 for $425 currently. I don't think I should pass that up though.
    Bingo...I think you will be happy with a Gen 5 Glock 19 for that price...and the Gen 5 grip is remincent of the Gen 2 grips, which were also smooth and preceded the finger-grooves of the Gen 3's and 4's! I've removed a lot of finger-grooves for people over the years!
    Here's a Gen 2 with a slight heel reduction, a rounded trigger guard, and a light tree-bark stipple...

49BYLIW.jpg

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, no difference between Gen 4 and 5 unless you count a different barrel rifling, trigger, finish.....etc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I get what you are saying there, but in all practicality, in the hand, between a 4 and a 5, it is mostly about the finger grooves. Yes, there are barrel changes, some stippling differences, but really the main, noticeable difference is the finger grooves. I've shot Glocks for many years, have had most of the various models between the 40, 45 ACP and 9mm variations and currently have Gen 3, 4 & 5 19's, and I'd tell someone to figure out if they like finger grooves or not.

My preference would between the 2 would be the Gen 5, but I'd tell someone to hold/shoot one of each (as well as an S&W M&P Compact 2.0 & a Sig P320 ;-) and then choose.

I'd also tell then no matter if they picked a 4 or a 5, to swap the sights, and to look at swapping the mag release to a Vicker's Tactical mag release.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

Says they have 23 of the CZ 75 Compact. I would contact them to confirm the in stock status before ordering. I also have zero experience with them.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    Man went to bed woke up to two pages to read lol. I have shot glocks before I like them but i just like cz’s better. They feel better in my hand.
    I have issue buying sight unseen. Im probably gonna pull the trigger on the glock. Cant beat the price. I will still buy a cz.
    My wife carries a shield 2.0 and its just something i dont like to shoot. The grip is way to small in my hand.
    Also i will more than likely put a better trigger in the gen5 eventually. Thats always been my main complaint with glocks. Especially after experiencing the cz trigger.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Man went to bed woke up to two pages to read lol. I have shot glocks before I like them but i just like cz’s better. They feel better in my hand.
    I have issue buying sight unseen. Im probably gonna pull the trigger on the glock. Cant beat the price. I will still buy a cz.
    My wife carries a shield 2.0 and its just something i dont like to shoot. The grip is way to small in my hand.
    Also i will more than likely put a better trigger in the gen5 eventually. Thats always been my main complaint with glocks. Especially after experiencing the cz trigger.
    Just do it. Glocks are like cash. There's always a market for them at that price you won't lose, but it's still no cz.. lol

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Why what? Glocks stink or the laughing emoji not working (trying to indicate post was a joke).

Glocks are fine weapons, as are CZ's, Beretta's, etc. Its all about preference. Personally Glocks dont fit or point well for me (and they are ugly imo). If you like them, good for you. Me, I prefer 1911s, just seem more in tune with my warped old body and mindset.
    As for the emoji issue, I have no clue.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom