• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    So I have the opportunity to purchase a glock 19 either gen 4 or gen 5. Ive been trying to find a cz 75 compact for months now with no luck so glock it is. At least until all this levels out and stock comes back.

Im having a problem deciding between the 2 gens. Anyone have any experience with these that can give me their honest opinion.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yeah not the one i want. When i get a cz i want the metal frame. No polymer. Ive got to shoot a compact 75 and love them. Ive also shot the sp-01 and the p10c. I enjoyed the 75 compact the best.
    I like my P10F but I have big hands and it fits perfectly. Shoots very well. It's a CZ after all:shoot:

If I spot one I'll post it of the 75 compact. I think I ran across one online. Will double check.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    I like my P10F but I have big hands and it fits perfectly. Shoots very well. It's a CZ after all:shoot:

If I spot one I'll post it of the 75 compact. I think I ran across one online. Will double check.
    Right on i appreciate that. I can get my hands on the glock 19 gen 5 for $425 currently. I dont think I should pass that up though.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    CZ is better gun for the long run shooter. If you are a casual gun owner and are shooting a box or two a year if you want to or not. Get the glock. Any glock.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    If you aren’t planning to modify the trigger at all, I prefer the Gen5 19 trigger to the Gen4. Feels a little better and I’m happy with it stock.

Also the lack of finger grooves is nice depending on your preferences and if the grooves are well spaced for your hand or not.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    The gen 5 has a slightly better shooting barrel in my experience. (We're talking taking groups from 3.5" to 2.5")
    Go gen5 mos you will NOT be sorry.(resale value if you don't like it)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Most people prefer the 5 but as others have said there's certainly nothing wrong with the 4. sounds like a Blue label deal and if that's the case I would go with the 5. Trigger is a little better and if you do decide to resell a Gen 5 will be worth more. As I understand Glock is phasing out gen 4 Blue label guns.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I vote gen 4 because i like the finger groves but i also like the front serrations on the gen5. Having owned both i say buy the gen 4 then add serrations. If you dont end up liking it you can always resell it for likely more than $425.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    CZ is better gun for the long run shooter. If you are a casual gun owner and are shooting a box or two a year if you want to or not. Get the glock. Any glock.
    ?

Are you implying that the Glock won't hold up? Or that somehow serious shooters won't shoot a Glock? I'm not a fan boy as there are plenty of good guns that I prefer to a Glock, for various reasons but trying to figure out the angle on the comment?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    ?

Are you implying that the Glock won't hold up? Or that somehow serious shooters won't shoot a Glock? I'm not a fan boy as there are plenty of good guns that I prefer to a Glock, for various reasons but trying to figure out the angle on the comment?

Let me help you understand. G.l.o.c.k.s. s.t.i.n.k.! Does that help?
    Sorry, the devil made me do it!

My laughing emoji wont emoj.

Top Bottom