• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Interesting, looks based on a rifle cartridge.
    I figured they would have done a pcc first.

Agreed. An affordable, locked-breech (rather than straight blowback) pistol-caliber carbine would actually stand out in the current market, and the Glock name on it wouldn't hurt either. I'm still curious what this will end up looking like, but IMO the rifle-caliber AR market will be more competitive to break into.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I have been hoping for a glock pistol caliber carbine for several years. Something similar to the Beretta CX-4 storm. Start with 3 carbines that take glock pistol mags starting with 9mm 40 and 45.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Why glock would make a carbine that didn’t take one of the millions of glock 9mm mags already out there is beyond me.
    Why would you want a rifle sized firearm in a pistol cartridge?

There's plenty of stock kits for glocks out there, if you just want a compact PCC.

If glock can bring a carbine to market that's as good as their handguns, we'll have something as a serious competitor to the AR15.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I have been hoping for a glock pistol caliber carbine for several years. Something similar to the Beretta CX-4 storm. Start with 3 carbines that take glock pistol mags starting with 9mm 40 and 45.

The only thing keeping Glock from more innovation is Gaston Glock Like Ruger had to wait for Bill Ruger to step aside to make changes.

Why would you want a rifle sized firearm in a pistol cartridge?

There's plenty of stock kits for glocks out there, if you just want a compact PCC.

If glock can bring a carbine to market that's as good as their handguns, we'll have something as a serious competitor to the AR15.

Because they have Marketed them like crazy. Both the industry and now that USPSA and IDPA has divisions that helps some. (more non competitors have then than do but it has caught on a lot there)

People want what they want but there is a reason most agencies have gotten away from MP5's and Colt 9mm SMGs. and back to M4's. Because at the end of a day a PCC or SMG is still a pistol round so why not just go in with a pistol!

Top Bottom