• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I bought my wife a G45 blue label it was under $400 with tax.
    It’s a sweet shooter I used it in a Gabe White class. Best G$&# I have ever shot.

CZ and S&W have a similar program my DW Valor is a Blue label along with all my S&W.

Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle
    Shoot what you can afford to be honest. The Dagger seems to be making waves and it is a cheap option. It really all depends on preference and what your budget is.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I bought my wife a G45 blue label it was under $400 with tax.
    It’s a sweet shooter I used it in a Gabe White class. Best G$&# I have ever shot.

CZ and S&W have a similar program my DW Valor is a Blue label along with all my S&W.
    I was wanting a G45 but when PSA came out with their G45 clone with all kinds of extras, @zachcz and @NHT3 Recommendation I felt I'd give it a try. So far I'm happy with it.

I do have a question.
    I ran across these amd am wondering if they do work as advertised or are a gimmick?

Would this be a good upgrade or run stock?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I was wanting a G45 but when PSA came out with their G45 clone with all kinds of extras, @zachcz and @NHT3 Recommendation I felt I'd give it a try. So far I'm happy with it.

I do have a question.
    I ran across these amd am wondering if they do work as advertised or are a gimmick?

I’ve never had a problem or heard of anyone that has where these would’ve helped. Like many “upgrades” I believe this is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’ve never had a problem or heard of anyone that has where these would’ve helped. Like many “upgrades” I believe this is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist
    I thought the 1911 buffers were a gimmick and I'm glad I ask about them. ChurchMouse let me know they were not a gimmick and to use them. So I have them installed on both of my 1911's now with several in supply.

That's why I like to ask nowadays because you never know unless you ask.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I do have a question.

That item was designed to allow the striker to move if the bore it runs in was full of water, (pistol had been submerged). Unless you plan on shooting the pistol under water you can probably get by with out the maritime spring cups. :thumbsup:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    That item was designed to allow the striker to move if the bore it runs in was full of water, (pistol had been submerged). Unless you plan on shooting the pistol under water you can probably get by with out the maritime spring cups. :thumbsup:

The way it reads it self cleaning of firing pin channel when on dry land.

I cut a lot of wood and I get fine sawdust inside the striker channel of other firearms. I'm thinking would this actually clean that out when being fired? Not going to be playing Navy Seal I'm just looking at it for the self cleaning of dust and debris.

Self cleans the firing pin channel on live fire and ensures that even with water and or debris inside your Glocks firing pin channel your Glock pistol will fire! Great for those who prefer a Glock for predators on shore as well as in the water.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The way it reads it self cleaning of firing pin channel when on dry land.

I cut a lot of wood and I get fine sawdust inside the striker channel of other firearms. I'm thinking would this actually clean that out when being fired? Not going to be playing Navy Seal I'm just looking at it for the self cleaning of dust and debris.
    Just MHO but I think the " self cleaning" aspect is more of a sales pitch that a useful mod. I know the original intent was to allow the channel to drain if it filled with water. The self cleaning is amusing to me since I don't see any way for any sort of debris to leave the channel which is pretty much and enclosed space.
    Seems to be a very informative piece with a little history of the maritime cups. Just a aside but what is a "trainer supporter".. :dunno:

https://tngun.com/glock-maritime-spring-cups/

Matt47336

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Fishers
    View attachment 249462 I’ve not had a single problem out of the daggers. Feels better than Glock shoots the same. Half the price. I don’t carry mine but would not have a problem doing so. I’ve not had any of the other clones. Like mentioned above a lot of good companies make competitors that probably are far superior to the Glock. Cz p10c is one thst comes to mind first for me
    I agree with this 100% I feel like the dagger feels better than my Glock 19 and shoots around the same. If I could go back I would have just got the dagger and called it a day.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I agree with this 100% I feel like the dagger feels better than my Glock 19 and shoots around the same. If I could go back I would have just got the dagger and called it a day.

The Glocks are great guns but I have never personally liked the grip design or the grip angle. I have also tried the 80 percent arms clones and those feel blocky and unnatural. The Daggers, however, just feel right to me and much more comfortable to shoot. For reference, my hands are not big - I run the small grip inserts on M&Ps and find the Shields very easy to shoot as well.

I think at the end of the day, either of these are a great choice depending on your personal preference and I will say this once again - ** once you replace the trigger on the dagger **. I know some people are getting daggers that have acceptable triggers but many are not. I think this is just down to PSA's spotty QC in that area. I have heard no complaints related to the frame itself or the rest of the LPK outside of the trigger mechanism.

Matt47336

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Fishers
    The Glocks are great guns but I have never personally liked the grip design or the grip angle. I have also tried the 80 percent arms clones and those feel blocky and unnatural. The Daggers, however, just feel right to me and much more comfortable to shoot. For reference, my hands are not big - I run the small grip inserts on M&Ps and find the Shields very easy to shoot as well.

I think at the end of the day, either of these are a great choice depending on your personal preference and I will say this once again - ** once you replace the trigger on the dagger **. I know some people are getting daggers that have acceptable triggers but many are not. I think this is just down to PSA's spotty QC in that area. I have heard no complaints related to the frame itself or the rest of the LPK outside of the trigger mechanism.

I’m in the exact same boat. I moved from a shield to a g19 and I found the grip over time was just hard to get used to. Obviously they’re completely different but I learned quickly with the dagger that a bigger gun could be comfortable like I felt with the shield.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I was always a Glock guy, I have several Gen 3’s. 26, 19 and a 17.
    The 26 was always my go to carry/EDC. I haven’t touched it since I picked up an Sig P365. And when it comes to larger frame, I fell in love with the P320 compact.
    I sometimes feel like I’m cheating on them.

Spencer2A

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2021
    Muncie,IN
    Shadow Systems has vast improvements over the Glock especially the optic mounting system. Also listen to their customers and make products we actually want (19L) (CR920) ect. Great company highly recommend.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Shadow Systems has vast improvements over the Glock especially the optic mounting system. Also listen to their customers and make products we actually want (19L) (CR920) ect. Great company highly recommend.
    Meh. My MR920 was unreliable in the first 100 rounds, which means it didn't get a chance for a second 100 rounds. I don't care about optics on a pistol, so the only thing it really had going for it was the better grip ergonomics. Shooting my G19 and the MR920 side by side, I realized that the MR920 didn't really feel all that much better after all. And for what they charge for them, the juice just isn't worth the squeeze IMO.

As far as Shadow Systems goes...I've never owned a Shadow CR920, but going by what's all over the internet, it seems to be a dumpster fire. I'll be sticking with tried and true Glocks and M&Ps for my working guns.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Have they finely found Perfection with the Gen 5's?
    I’m a Glock fan, but it seems as if they will never perfect the gun. Out of the box trigger, guide rod and sights are less than perfect. I always thought they did this because they would offer a “pro” model…but nope. I am also not a fan of the “pokey dot” grip texture. And honestly they may have corrected some of this with the Gen5s. I wouldn’t know, I have all Gen 3s.

Top Bottom