Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just bought a 43X and am waiting for my 2 Shield Arms 15rd mags to show up. I was really eyeballing a 48 but settled on the 43X, the shorter slide was more appealing to me. My off-duty gun has been a Gen5 G19. I bought one of the first Gen5 to be released. LOVE that gun. However, the 43X will carry the same number of rounds and weigh significantly less, sign me up. I did find the perfect AIWB holster in the Tenicor Velo2. Wow, it is the most comfortable AIWB rig I've worn, and I've worn dozens.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I cannot speak to the interesting G48/G43X, because of my (mainly magazine,) investment in the original G43.

Something to think about on switching back and forth on the differerent Glock platforms is that small variances in grip can sneak up to bite you. If you don't stay in tune with both platforms, your consistant accuracy can go away.

I shot a season of steel matches with the G43 and called that my handgun practice overall, only shooting PCC otherwise. End of the year, I drug out the G34 for a USPSA match. Shot terrible with the bigger gun.

Luckily I "relearned" by the end of the match, but the first 100 rounds were not up to standard. In a self defense situation, that could have been problematic.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I cannot speak to the interesting G48/G43X, because of my (mainly magazine,) investment in the original G43.

Something to think about on switching back and forth on the differerent Glock platforms is that small variances in grip can sneak up to bite you. If you don't stay in tune with both platforms, your consistant accuracy can go away.

I shot a season of steel matches with the G43 and called that my handgun practice overall, only shooting PCC otherwise. End of the year, I drug out the G34 for a USPSA match. Shot terrible with the bigger gun.

Luckily I "relearned" by the end of the match, but the first 100 rounds were not up to standard. In a self defense situation, that could have been problematic.
    Great point. Shot the crap out of my G43 for 2 years or so before buying a G19 recently. I thought, a Glock is a Glock, so however well I can shoot the 43, I should be able to shoot the 19 better...

Not quite. Even after lots of dry practice and an okay amount of live fire (considering current ammo prices), I now shoot just "okay" with the 19, still not as well as the 43.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I recently picked up a slightly used Glock 48 9mm pistol and I finally got to shoot it this past weekend!
    I actually like it...it's accurate, the grip is more than comfortable in my (somewhat) smaller hands, and the 10+1 magazines are sufficient for what I need!
    Thoughts from others who have one... like... dislike... anything you would like to see improved on it, etc

While I am not a big Glock fan, I do like this pistol for CC.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Every platform is a compromise.
    True...every platform has it's plus's and minus's...and knowing what each one is and how it can affect what you do is important knowledge to learn and have before it might be needed! Understanding that that knowledge can take sometimes take time to acquire...

Eric94

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2022
    Georgetown
    I recently picked up a slightly used Glock 48 9mm pistol and I finally got to shoot it this past weekend!
    I actually like it...it's accurate, the grip is more than comfortable in my (somewhat) smaller hands, and the 10+1 magazines are sufficient for what I need!
    Thoughts from others who have one... like... dislike... anything you would like to see improved on it, etc
    I like mine a lot.
    It feels like a bigger gun than it is.
    I like the longer slide too.
    Shield mags make it 15+1.
    It's hard to beat that kind of capacity for the size.
    It basically makes the Glock 19 irrelevant (besides the track record part).
    And the Glock 48 can't take the G18 mags.
    Shield does make a 20 round magazine though.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    My G48 s my home defense tool.

Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    I'm a big fan of them. I would change the sights out on it pretty fast because I'm not a fan of the stock glock sights. But other than that they're great guns nice and slim.

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    I really like the 48. For me it feels good in my normal but on the smaller side hands, more so than the 19. For some reason its mildly irritating seeing the 365xl coming in with Glock 19 capacity and knowing Glock could do something similar. I really started following along with the Shield Arms S15 mag trend, but started hearing of feed failures pop up on a fairly regular basis, more so than I am comfortable with right now with limited time and funds to fully vet an aftermarket mag. Should Glock find a way to add a couple rounds to the 48, I think it would be a great carry gun for some people and is with a slightly limited capacity. For some reason I justify the limited capacity of revolvers in situations, but that seems like the sticking point for me. Overall I like the 48, especially the MOS model with the rail allowing a tlr-7 sub, just that mildly reduced mag capacity which keeps allowing me to talk myself out of taking the plunge.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    The Glock 42 & 43's feel too small for me and the 17, 19, 26 too big. The 43x & 48 are the first Glocks that feel good in my hand. Bought a 43x, then a little later since Covid we got one 48 at the LGS I help at some and all of a sudden I decided I better grab that 48 also. OWB , I like either DeSantis Mini Slide or Speed Scabbard. IWB , I like Don Hume 715. I know Florida used to be bad on the printing, but thought I had read where they had lightened up on the printing a while back?

fzd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fishers
    last year I was interested in G48 but I chose the Arex delta M gen 2. Almost identical size and weight, yet the delta M has 15 rounds mags. It shoots great and looks great. paid a little over $400 with the Optic ready model.

Top Bottom