• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    And please do not say "why any glock" if you are not a Glock fan. I have had a few discussions with fellow shooters about why the 43X? I just do not understand the reason for this weapon. Is it solely to gain rounds? If so why not just get the 48? If it is for more concealability then it is not the correct build. The length of barrel and slide mean nothing to concealment as that part is jammed into your waistband. The concealment to me is in the length of grip. I guess to me it is better to have a 43 with a 48 slide and barrel. Maybe I am just looking at it wrong. But for me 43,43L(48 slide), and 48 would have made more sense. Just a topic that I have been rolling around in my head. Anyone else with any insight?

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    For me... 43 grip is way too short and too slim & the capacity is lacking for my preferred carry count. 43X/48 grip lends to much better shooting. I thought I'd like the 48 because I typically like the recoil impulse of a 4" barrel. I shot the 48 and 43X side-by-side and I shot the 43X better (better groups/faster). It fits my carry needs nicely, carries comfortably and conceals well enough for my level of concern.

R3COIL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    NWI
    For me the appeal of the 43x grew with the development of the S15 magazine. I can have a pistol with more grip purchase than a 43, a 15 shot capacity, and the slide of my original 43 can be used on the 43x as a back up (or vice versa). Also, it is a bit smaller and thinner than a glock 19 with similar capacity.

gryphnrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 29, 2016
    Kendallville
    For me the appeal of the 43x grew with the development of the S15 magazine. I can have a pistol with more grip purchase than a 43, a 15 shot capacity, and the slide of my original 43 can be used on the 43x as a back up (or vice versa). Also, it is a bit smaller and thinner than a glock 19 with similar capacity.
    I went from a glock 19 to a 43 it is a big change

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I carry a 43x with s15 mags and I wouldn't trade it for any of the combinations you suggested.

-The extra length in grip over the 43 makes it much more shootable in my giant hands.
    -The shorter barrel/slide doesn't crush the family jewels over the 48 and ~.8 inches of barrel does nothing for 9mm ballistically.
    -With the s15, I get the the same capacity as a 19 while being slimmer, shorter, and lighter.

BowhuntnHoosier

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    So I have owned my G48 for about 9 months now and love the SA15 magazines. It has been my carry for most of this 9 month period. I was debating on a G43 and then just make an X out of the two. One question is Why did Glock make the G43 magazine well different as to not accept the 43X or 48 magazines? Strange to me. The difference in magazines is why I have not bought a 43.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So I have owned my G48 for about 9 months now and love the SA15 magazines. It has been my carry for most of this 9 month period. I was debating on a G43 and then just make an X out of the two. One question is Why did Glock make the G43 magazine well different as to not accept the 43X or 48 magazines? Strange to me. The difference in magazines is why I have not bought a 43.
    The Glock 43 was released in 2015. The Glock 43x and 48 were released in 2019.

Glock had to widen the magazine design to accept 10 rounds in the 43x/48, but retain a single-stack grip width and a reasonable grip length. Thus, the magazines are not interchangeable.

The 43x is really a different gun, and should have been called the Glock 49, rather than associating it with another model in their lineup with which it does not share magazine capacity. But I'm sure their marketing department wanted to capitalize on the popularity of the 43, so "43x" it is.

SEKLEM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    I daily carry a 43X. I can carry it in just about any place imaginable, including pocket. It's very balanced for me. I point naturally with it and I find it easy to shoot well. Basically the Staples "that was easy" button for me. I love the 43X. I've handled the 48 and it just didn't feel the same way to me. I've not shot one though, so you got me there.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The G43 is a great gun.

Glock froze me out of the 43X and the G48 with the G43 magazine incompatability. I guess the good news of those models is that they drove down the resale value of the G43's. I'd like to sprinkle a couple more around.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    I traded for a 43X from an Ingo member a couple weeks ago. I was carrying a Bersa BP9cc before and had no complaints, but the 43X was intriguing to me. Once I held it and carried it, I realized the subtle difference in size and weight compared to the Bersa was very noticeable. I haven't shot the 43x enough yet to determine if it's as accurate as the Bersa, but I have no doubt it will be adequate for it's purpose.

I'm probably going to look into an S15 mag, which would make my G19 almost obsolete. The 19 feels very blocky and uncomfortable compared to the 43x anyway.

I apologize for the rambling post, but those are my thoughts on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    The length of barrel and slide mean nothing to concealment as that part is jammed into your waistband.
    Really? Seems like length would be an important consideration for anything being jammed into your waistband. Sure wouldn't want to try to stuff my 8 3/8" Smith into my waistband.

A 43X would be a lot easier to carry anywhere compared to something like a G34. And the grip fits me better than any double stack Glock , don't have a 43X but the G48 with the same grip. Add to that the potential for 15 rounds in such a small package. The 43X is probably the most appealing Glock to me for a defensive pistol.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I bought one pre covid craziness, Blue Label $398.20 (+) tax so I was happy at that, took it home, then took it to the range, for me it pinches my paw where the magazine and the pistol frame meet, cleaned it, put it back in the box with the extra mag I bought, and buried it in the safe. I have a G-42/43/43x/26/19/17/45, but after years of carrying this and that, I just choose the Glock-23 with Glock 27 as a bug and keep telling myself to stop the madness and go with what I know.

BowhuntnHoosier

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Really? Seems like length would be an important consideration for anything being jammed into your waistband. Sure wouldn't want to try to stuff my 8 3/8" Smith into my waistband.

A 43X would be a lot easier to carry anywhere compared to something like a G34. And the grip fits me better than any double stack Glock , don't have a 43X but the G48 with the same grip. Add to that the potential for 15 rounds in such a small package. The 43X is probably the most appealing Glock to me for a defensive pistol.
    .I was comparing the 43X to the 43 and 48. Nothing more nothing less. The difference in slide length has much less to do with concealment than the grip length to me. The reason for this thread was to simply discuss why Glock decided to do an X. I completely understand the 43 need. And then yes lets go to the 48 for added capacity but I personally did not understand why the need for a shorter slide and longer grip(more capacity). To me the difference in slide length for concealment between the 43 and 48. I would rather have the longer slide and less grip printing if I decide to conceal. Just a hmm I wonder why????

Last edited:

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    .I was comparing the 43X to the 43 and 48. Nothing more nothing less. The difference in slide length has much less to do with concealment than the grip length to me. The reason for this thread was to simply discuss why Glock decided to do an X. I completely understand the 43 need. And then yes lets go to the 48 for added capacity but I personally did not understand why the need for a shorter slide and longer grip(more capacity). To me the difference in slide length for concealment between the 43 and 48. I would rather have the longer slide and less grip printing if I decide to conceal. Just a hmm I wonder why????
    The vast majority of the market seems to prefer short slide/full grip over full slide/short grip. While slide/barrel length may not effect concealment until you get in to the 6in range it can effect comfort for many before that point.

Top Bottom