• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    So I bought a Glock 19 RMR cut slide, slide completion parts kit & threaded barrel from Brownells. After assembling it, I cannot get it to go into battery when cycling the action, whether dry firing or actually firing. I have called tech support at Brownells a couple of times & have had some suggestions from some folks on glocktalk. Nothing has solved the issue. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Start a conversation, if you are close I'll take a look at it for you. There's only 37 parts there, can't be too hard to figure out.
    I'm on the SE side of Indy.
    I'm sure its the slide because I can put my stock g19 slide on either lower & it functions and when I put the rmr cut one on either lower it does not function.

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    I had a similar issue with a brownells slide on a 80% build. I think their barrels have a sharp angle on the feed ramp. After around 150-200 rounds I was able to get it to cycle reliable, but man the first couple mags were painful to have to keep fixing malfunctions.

Have you tried putting the threaded barrel in a Stock Glock 19 or G45? This would help to see if its the barrel or something else.

The other thing it could be is are your screws for your RMR too long that they are hitting the ejector on the slide? This is a common problem with cut slides. This could very well be the case as it could cause the ejector to be extra stiff and not letting it slam the round into proper battery.

If you need help I'm SW INDY.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I’ve seen failure to go into battery on some poly 80 builds. Often related to either the striker safety block and or it’s relationship to the hump on top of trigger bar.

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    Second This: The other thing it could be is are your screws for your RMR too long that they are hitting the ejector on the slide? This is a common problem with cut slides. This could very well be the case as it could cause the ejector to be extra stiff and not letting it slam the round into proper battery. I have seen this with other slide cuts as well…

Jim McKalip

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    Second This: The other thing it could be is are your screws for your RMR too long that they are hitting the ejector on the slide? This is a common problem with cut slides. This could very well be the case as it could cause the ejector to be extra stiff and not letting it slam the round into proper battery. I have seen this with other slide cuts as well…

Jim McKalip

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I ran into the same thing with a Sig P229 factory RMR slide. A long optic mounting screw was binding the extractor. Shortening the screw solved the problem.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Thank you to NHT3 for fixing this for fixing this for me, and discovering a couple of other shortcomings of the slide completion kit I used, along w/ resources to correct them.
    If I learned anything, a gunsmith I am not.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Sorry, should’ve posted details.
    Right RDS screw too long.
    Striker assembly put together wrong (by me)
    Some other voodoo that I didn’t catch with the extractor.
    Recommended replacing striker & extractor rod with factory Glock parts. In the process of getting them now.

Top Bottom