Not open for further replies.

Colts Ironman

Sua Sponte, Rangers Lead the Way
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 22, 2021
    NW Indianapolis
    Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. Name is Dan. I lived on the East Coast in Virginia for almost 27 years (military and LEO). I'm originally from Grant County. I was a strong advocate for gun rights in VA but I really love coming back to visit family here in Indiana so, I took the plunge to move back in the midst of a crazy home buying market. (Crazy!)

I bought a place in Indianapolis last month. Feels good to be back here and be so close to family again but I must say I'm still learning about IN gun law stuff. Virginia is pretty relaxed and not in any way complex and getting a concealed carry permit being a Veteran is really easy. I had a Utah and Florida permit and I was a law enforcement officer for 5 years. I'm a little disappointed about our permit process here. Hoping anyone who is seasoned can help out or tell me if there's some trick to getting a permit in a more speedy way??

I have already filled out the lifetime permit application and been to IdentoGO for my initial fingerprints. Then I was informed, I must have another appointment at the county or some local law enforcement office (?) to get it done again?? I find that to be a little much and only to find the soonest available was February 2nd! Of course, I made the appointment but I didn't get any confirmation of exactly where I am supposed to go for that Feb 2nd appointment.

I was hoping by the time I moved back, the senate would have easily passed HB 1369 and I wouldn't need to get a permit. What's the stall on HB 1369? In VA it's as easy as filling out a single page form and paying a small $20-$50 fee (depending on the county) but the permit is only good for 5 years at a time. I'm saddened my home state is so stringent in comparison to VA which is much more liberal and blue than here and then to find out it takes so long but it's still great to be back!

Is there any place to look to see what the current wait time is or is there a way to speed up the process? I got my Class 3 permit in 6 months from the ATF in the middle of COVID last year so having to wait until February for just a concealed carry permit seems a little much.

Thanks for having me!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. Name is Dan. I lived on the East Coast in Virginia for almost 27 years (military and LEO). I'm originally from Grant County. I was a strong advocate for gun rights in VA but I really love coming back to visit family here in Indiana so, I took the plunge to move back in the midst of a crazy home buying market. (Crazy!)

I bought a place in Indianapolis last month. Feels good to be back here and be so close to family again but I must say I'm still learning about IN gun law stuff. Virginia is pretty relaxed and not in any way complex and getting a concealed carry permit being a Veteran is really easy. I had a Utah and Florida permit and I was a law enforcement officer for 5 years. I'm a little disappointed about our permit process here. Hoping anyone who is seasoned can help out or tell me if there's some trick to getting a permit in a more speedy way??

I have already filled out the lifetime permit application and been to IdentoGO for my initial fingerprints. Then I was informed, I must have another appointment at the county or some local law enforcement office (?) to get it done again?? I find that to be a little much and only to find the soonest available was February 2nd! Of course, I made the appointment but I didn't get any confirmation of exactly where I am supposed to go for that Feb 2nd appointment.

I was hoping by the time I moved back, the senate would have easily passed HB 1369 and I wouldn't need to get a permit. What's the stall on HB 1369? In VA it's as easy as filling out a single page form and paying a small $20-$50 fee (depending on the county) but the permit is only good for 5 years at a time. I'm saddened my home state is so stringent in comparison to VA which is much more liberal and blue than here and then to find out it takes so long but it's still great to be back!

Is there any place to look to see what the current wait time is or is there a way to speed up the process? I got my Class 3 permit in 6 months from the ATF in the middle of COVID last year so having to wait until February for just a concealed carry permit seems a little much.

Thanks for having me!
    Welcome back to the Great State of Indiana! Don’t get me started on HB 1369. Take a look at the Legislation of the 2nd Amendment sub forum. We are active here.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Welcome back. If you still have the FL or UT non resident, you'd be covered till you get the IN. Or maybe it'd be easier/quicker to renew the out of state or in conjunction with the IN since it'd cover more states with travel. At least it's free now and be glad it's not IL... don't ask how I know :wrongdoor:

Damsel380

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2021
    Plainfield, IN
    Hello all,

Thanks for having me!

Damsel380

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2021
    Plainfield, IN
    I really don't know much I'm new to the gun world here.. but I got my LTCH issued late June this year. When I applied I could have waited a month and saved the $75 because they recently changed it where there's no longer a fee to apply online. When I went to get my fingerprints taken I told the girls working that they were making the application free soon and they cringed.. talked about how something similar happened before with legislation and the workload afterwards was overwhelming.

I had to go to the local law enforcement office to pay a fee but they didn't say I had to make an appointment to get fingerprints there.. Hopefully you get it figured out soon and it doesn't take that long, good luck and welcome back to Indy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom