• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    I have an old buddy that’s very much into knives. I, however, am not very knowledgeable on the subject. His birthday is in a couple weeks and I would like to hear suggestions about what to buy for him as a birthday gift.

For carry he seems to like a folder with a pocket clip on it. Fixed blades seem to be all over the board and beyond my comprehension.

Probably a pocket folder with a clip would be best and I would like to keep it under $300 if it’s possible to get a good one for that.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Something like this Spyderco Manix would be memorable, I suspect.
    I imagine that they're around $135 (?) nowdays.

i-b4N2xj3-L.jpg

spalfano

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    New Palestine
    If you’re willing to stretch the budget a little bit, We knives has some limited edition blades coming out this week. The blades are called excitons and blade HQ has them on preorder. They are around $350. If not, then a nice benchmade for under $300 is a good choice. Or check out the Viper Orso2.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    If you’re willing to stretch the budget a little bit, We knives has some limited edition blades coming out this week. The blades are called excitons and blade HQ has them on preorder. They are around $350. If not, then a nice benchmade for under $300 is a good choice. Or check out the Viper Orso2.
    Do you think any pre orders would be delivered by the 18th?

spalfano

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    New Palestine
    That I don’t know. We knives told me they were due out on or about May 3. Nothing guaranteed. Since you have a time crunch, that’s a gamble. A little less expensive is the Viper Orso 2. Check out those and see if they’re of interest. Titanium model is gorgeous, Italian made, high quality.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    That I don’t know. We knives told me they were due out on or about May 3. Nothing guaranteed. Since you have a time crunch, that’s a gamble. A little less expensive is the Viper Orso 2. Check out those and see if they’re of interest. Titanium model is gorgeous, Italian made, high quality.
    Thanks much. I’m going to check them out

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    Top Bottom