• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hmmm...when an officer takes custody of a firearm in a situation in which it is likely the possessor is not committing a criminal act, is the possessor given a receipt for the weapon or is that a television fiction?
    Written receipts do not exist. However, a typed report (stating the nature by which the property came to the officer's possession) MUST be completed for property to be allowed in to property room. That case number assigned to the report can be given to the property owner as a type of receipt.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Just report the gun stolen since you have filed the proper paperwork to have it returned. May lead to being able to file it with your homeowners insurance.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Written receipts do not exist. However, a typed report (stating the nature by which the property came to the officer's possession) MUST be completed for property to be allowed in to property room. That case number assigned to the report can be given to the property owner as a type of receipt.
    Thank you.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Your inference that IMPD officers steal firearms from the property room is television fiction.
    Well not to split hairs but the cops in the evidence storage facility do they wear uniforms? They may not steal them but if you have my firearm and are unwilling to return it to me for no good reason? well you are a xxxxing thief then with all the respect and honor do a xxxxing thief. If IMPD cannot get a handle on this disrespecting the general public BS and correct it then they shall receive the same level of respect from me.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Well not to split hairs but the cops in the evidence storage facility do they wear uniforms? They may not steal them but if you have my firearm and are unwilling to return it to me for no good reason? well you are a xxxxing thief then with all the respect and honor do a xxxxing thief. If IMPD cannot get a handle on this disrespecting the general public BS and correct it then they shall receive the same level of respect from me.
    When you are ready to have a rational discussion, I'll answer your questions. But I can already read your "all cops are the same" attitude, so we all know how that is going to work out.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    When you are ready to have a rational discussion, I'll answer your questions. But I can already read your "all cops are the same" attitude, so we all know how that is going to work out.
    No, I’m not one of tha acab people. I just do not understand how a department can ask for cooperation and respect while at the same time giving none. cops and civilians alike are frustrated I’m sure.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Your inference that IMPD officers steal firearms from the property room is television fiction.
    So you’re saying that every firearm that has had proper paperwork turned in for the legal return to the owner and has not been returned to the owner is still in the IMPD evidence room?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    No, I’m not one of tha acab people. I just do not understand how a department can ask for cooperation and respect while at the same time giving none. cops and civilians alike are frustrated I’m sure.
    Yes, the cops are frustrated too because we don't make the rules for the property room, yet we are **** on because of them. I don't agree with how things are done, but my opinion doesn't matter to the people in charge.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So you’re saying that every firearm that has had proper paperwork turned in for the legal return to the owner and has not been returned to the owner is still in the IMPD evidence room?
    I have no idea. The inference that officers are stealing guns from the property room is complete ********.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Talked to my son this morning, he said the detective from Lawrence county was going to drive up to pick it up this week. I told him about this thread and he thinks he will have it back soon. Hopefully he is right.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    when an officer takes custody of a firearm in a situation in which it is likely the possessor is not committing a criminal act

All civilian guns are crime guns, until proven otherwise. If you are the original owner and have the receipt, you may have your cleared gun back. Without that, your legally owned property will not be returned to you.

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Is it illegal to own a gun without a receipt? If it's not involved in a crime, should your property be processed? If it's clean, not stolen, shouldn't it be returned?
    Don't get butthurt at the man who took your gun when you don't get it back. He didn't start the corruption.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I still say we need a sticky. I'm in an accident, come get my gun. It's about to disappear forever in the property room.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Is it illegal to own a gun without a receipt? If it's not involved in a crime, should your property be processed? If it's clean, not stolen, shouldn't it be returned?
    Don't get butthurt at the man who took your gun when you don't get it back. He didn't start the corruption.
    It's the property room that broke that trust.

Top Bottom