• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's not about science or principle, it's about obtaining compliance and obedience.
    Idunno. Maybe that’s an “establishment” goal. Establishment Democrats have been using the far left as far as the polls would allow. But the goal of social justice warriors, thogh ****ing crazy, is sincere. This is how they see the world.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't hate most liberals contrary to what I'm sure I sound like. I hate those leading the liberals. I hate that more people aren't willing to think for themselves and are so easily manipulated. They get so busy competing to be the most woke liberal on earth that the simply accept whatever is told or sold to them.

They, as we speak, are making efforts to label people like me as right wing extremists and enemies of the state which need to be eliminated from society. This is where my passion goes into overdrive.

I've worked hard over my entire adult life to be a good man. I don't lie, I don't steal and I don't cheat. I assure you that I'm not the hardest worker you've ever met but I do believe my time in the Army and my career as a police officer were some of the hardest work out there. 20 years behind a badge, a reputation as a hard charger early in my career, 12 years on the SWAT team which included a fatal shooting and I never received so much as a complaint for anything other than my language. I pointed my rifle at the face of the bastard that murdered my friend as he cowardly walked out of a house and gave himself up and I'm not sure there are a lot of people who could show such restraint. I've raised two good kids, one with a degree from Purdue and the other with easily attainable goals of doing the same. I've never beat my wife or kids, never paid a bill late and have worked multiple jobs at the same time throughout much of my adult life to make sure my word was my bond and my kids had what they needed.

I spent many of my formative years living in a trailer park which set me on the wrong path early on and it lead to me barely graduating high school. My only option was the military and when I sat in that seat inside the airplane on my way to basic training I had a brief conversation with myself where I decided that it was time to stop being a ****up. On that airplane I had nothing but my skin and bones. I worked my ass off to get to where I am. I enjoyed the company of many others of different races doing the same along the way. I never considered them anything but my equals or at worst my competition for advancement.

But now I am considered a racist, misogynist, transphobic, homophobic sexist Trumper who provides zero value to society and should give everything I have away because it was given to me via privilege. All because I refuse to accept lies as truths and expect people to be decent human beings. I'm becoming an endangered species.

For whatever it may be worth and on whatever topics we disagree I hold you in the highest of esteem based upon your many previous posts and am extremely happy that you are contributing here sir.

Regards,

Doug

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It is, but it’s not an issue that has a solution that is equitable for everyone. Trans people want to be looked at as “normal”. They don’t want a “special” league to play in. They don’t want to play in the men’s league if they want to identify as women. They want to play in the women’s league. But then it’s not fair to women.

The “social justice” progressive solution is that the most “oppressed” wins, and so the women just have to lose. And that’s supposed to be fair.

The fairest thing, is that no biological male should be able to compete with biological females in sports which males have a physiological advantage. It’s insane and anti-science to insist that there isn’t an advantage in many of these sports.
    Yep, they want to pee with the girls and they want to play with the girls. And from their perspective, I get it. I'm not against trans-people. But they seem to be either unknowingly or willfully oblivious to the fact that someone else's goals must be sacrificed for them to achieve their version of equality. In sports, it's not just a matter of expecting others to address you by the correct pronoun. You're actually poaching a special category that was created for someone else, and in the process, undermining the concept of the category in the first place. If you don't believe in categories, then just go compete against the men. Or cheer-lead for the girls. Or, something.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Trans people want to be looked at as “normal”.

Mental illness is not a normality....it is an adnormality.
    Right. And that’s the problem. They don’t feel normal in the reality that is. And for them to chase “normal” then someone else loses.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep, they want to pee with the girls and they want to play with the girls. And from their perspective, I get it. I'm not against trans-people. But they seem to be either unknowingly or willfully oblivious to the fact that someone else's goals must be sacrificed for them to achieve their version of equality. In sports, it's not just a matter of expecting others to address you by the correct pronoun. You're actually poaching a special category that was created for someone else, and in the process, undermining the concept of the category in the first place. If you don't believe in categories, then just go compete against the men. Or cheer-lead for the girls. Or, something.
    That’s the problem with social justice progressives. They think that intersections of oppression in a person’s experience is the most important. If someone else loses so that they can be “equalized”, that’s equitable. Equity doesn’t mean equal.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    To me this is a calculated move. Who do you see on twitter, reddit, tik tok, etc? Social media is todays news, marketplace, and where friends come together. Its already been proven that social media is censoring a specific group. Im sure the majority of social media influencers agree with this and in turn will influence their followers. The vast majority of these followers being young people. Not millennial young but more Gen Z. Do the democrats care about appeasing the older demographic who are dying off or a new group of voters that are coming of age to vote and have a longer voting life left that can cement the dems place in power. This says " Hey we're the hip party. Look at us, we understand the youth of today. That other party is old fashioned and out of date".

Trump at one time talked about federally legalizing weed. If he would have i think he could have made the GOP a lot of friends both young and old. Thats just one example of something that could have been done to try and reach young people. Dems are promising a lot to get people on their side. If you're turning 18 what entices you more? Free college, legal weed, etc or A wall, trade tariffs, etc?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Right. And that’s the problem. They don’t feel normal in the reality that is. And for them to chase “normal” then someone else loses.
    They want to be and apparently are a protected class.

I call :bs:

Be what or whoever you want just do not tell me I "Have" to accept it. Because I done "Have" to accept it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They want to be and apparently are a protected class.

I call :bs:

Be what or whoever you want just do not tell me I "Have" to accept it. Because I done "Have" to accept it.
    They are indeed part of a protected class, in many states, even legally.

You do not have to accept it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But they want to pound it up your tail pipe (so to speak) and yell its the law.
    Well, I just remembered. SCOTUS ruled over the summer that the law against discriminating on the basis of sex also covers transgender. So crazy as it is, it is the law.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Well, I just remembered. SCOTUS ruled over the summer that the law against discriminating on the basis of sex also covers transgender. So crazy as it is, it is the law.
    To be fair, I don't want someone denied housing, etc. just because they are trans. So in that sense I'm happy that they belong to a protected class. The same as I wouldn't want someone denied housing or equal opportunities for employment based on race or age, etc.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    How can we be "equal" when there is a "protected class"?
    A good question. I also wouldn't want someone denied opportunities solely because they're a white male, which I know does occur with certain diversity quotas. It's a hard situation to address and I don't have an ideal solution. :dunno:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    To be fair, I don't want someone denied housing, etc. just because they are trans. So in that sense I'm happy that they belong to a protected class. The same as I wouldn't want someone denied housing or equal opportunities for employment based on race or age, etc.
    I agree with you but only for government subsidized or controlled housing. Privately owned housing should be a different story as the government does not have rights. A property owner should have the right to control access to their property. If they want government money they'll have to play by government rules but other than that they should be allowed to rent to whomever they choose.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    A good question. I also wouldn't want someone denied opportunities solely because they're a white male, which I know does occur with certain diversity quotas. It's a hard situation to address and I don't have an ideal solution. :dunno:
    The solution is you let society work through it as it will. Prosecute any criminal activities associated with it but everything and everyone has their place. I'm far less likely to do something if it is demanded of me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t want anyone discriminated against. But interpreting them as in the same protected class as sex, will make it difficult to challenge Biden’s EO.

Top Bottom