• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's odd to me that the party that claims to be the "party that believes in science" to justify their position on climate change, is so willing to deny that men and women are fundamentally different when it comes to biology, strength and body composition.
    It's not about science or principle, it's about obtaining compliance and obedience.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    Theodore Dalrymple said:
    Political correctness is communist propaganda writ small. In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One’s standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Biden voters right about now
    hJztg0Mq.gif

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Probably not the price women imagined paying to stop vulgar and irritating tweets.

MU74y9M1.jpeg
    Not sure why that would come as a surprise, taking is what they do. White privilege strips whites of the work they put in to earn what they have. Biden's plans will further strip people of their money, their firearms, their rights and their happiness. The media strips the truth out of the news, social media strips the voice from those who disagree, over half of the country was stripped of their vote and the nation was stripped of its legitimately elected President. Almost as if there's some sort of theme.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't disagree with any of this but I do not consider myself anywhere near the left. The right has been demonized so severely that people actually believe the left has a monopoly on believing theses thing. I believe the left long ago abandoned these beliefs and simply now use them to appear virtuous while attempting to destroy everything that made this country a place people from all over the world want to join.

I consider myself "near" the left on more social issues than the right.

I've stated my position on a normally "left" issue of gay marriage, but beyond that I believe in evolution and fully support it being taught in schools. I support a woman's right to choose what to do with an unwanted pregnancy, although I would place certain limits upon it and certainly think the "father(?)" should have some say in the matter. I believe in a large degree of tolerance, such as transgender people, but that the "left" is going off the deep end with it. On these modern hotbutton issues I generally align more with what our society calls the left than the right.

I think of myself as a "liberal" in the classical sense, not necessarily in the modern one. This is why I believe very much in keeping to the definition of words, as words have power in their meaning. The left has gone way too far in trying to redefine words and meanings along with the overreaction to perceived slights.

I generally believe that one (1) of most important duties for any government, especially ours, is to protect our rights above and beyond all other considerations. This is because IF we allow another priority to stand above our rights THEN the government can use that justification to erode that right. See the Patriot Act for more details. In the simplest terms I am willing to let good, decent citizens die with their freedom than live under tyranny, no matter how slight that tyranny may be today, for tomorrow it will grow.

I don't want the government telling anyone whom they can or cannot have sex with, or how. I don't want the government telling anyone what they can or cannot watch, read, or observe.

Generally speaking, it is the "righteous" right that tends to push for such measures. For all discussions I differentiate between what I call the "religious" right and the "righteous" right. The religious right are people who go to church, try to practice their values, and leave other people alone, as they acknowledge their values are based upon faith. The righteous right on the other hand goes to church, try to practice their values, but go further and attempt through pressure to force others to live by their values. They believe that their faith alone is the only one that matters and they have a moral justification to make others behave as they believe they should.

On this issue of sports you are correct. The left, em bodied by President Biden, has overstepped and is virtue signalling an abhorrent idea. That being biological males competing against biological females with overwhelming odds on their side. In their blind devotion to gender and cultural issues they fail to see the injustice they are perpetrating on women. This is a perfect issue for women to organize and rally against. There are intolerant people on both liberal and conservative sides. The conservatives have done a decent job of putting the klan and the white supremacists in their holes. It is time for women and the left to put these overreaching zealots in theirs.

Regards,

Doug

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not sure why that would come as a surprise, taking is what they do. White privilege strips whites of the work they put in to earn what they have. Biden's plans will further strip people of their money, their firearms, their rights and their happiness. The media strips the truth out of the news, social media strips the voice from those who disagree, over half of the country was stripped of their vote and the nation was stripped of its legitimately elected President. Almost as if there's some sort of theme.
    You just can't trust strippers? ;)

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It's not about science or principle, it's about obtaining compliance and obedience.
    This is not about Gender Studies, or Wokeness, or Social Justice.

It's about America's most Sacred of Sacred Cows - the Civil Rights Act.

Every group which seeks protection under it, eventually prevails, because we buy into the false logic that to deny any group, is equivalent to denying every group.

Until somebody pushes back against the Civil Rights Act, wins, and Americans cheer the result, this will not end. It is a cultural bulldozer that will keep plowing over everything in its path, until somebody puts a 100hp. bigger bulldozer in front of it and pushes the other way and says "No More - You are not Rosa Parks - You are a White Dude playing against Girls."

Is womens' sports powerful enough to be that bulldozer? I'd like to think so, but I'm afraid not.

Realistically, it will probably take biological men dunking on WNBA players and stuffing the defender's arm backwards through the hoop and breaking her wrist, to wake Americans TF up. Because that's about the level of enlightenment the American public seems to operate at.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Generally speaking, it is the "righteous" right that tends to push for such measures. For all discussions I differentiate between what I call the "religious" right and the "righteous" right. The religious right are people who go to church, try to practice their values, and leave other people alone, as they acknowledge their values are based upon faith. The righteous right on the other hand goes to church, try to practice their values, but go further and attempt through pressure to force others to live by their values. They believe that their faith alone is the only one that matters and they have a moral justification to make others behave as they believe they should.
    I don't recall the right taking the offensive to squash freedoms in quite some time (Patriot act last to come to mind - did not agree). I remember good old Al & Tipper wasting Congress and the nation's time trying to keep people from using words their delicate ears didn't like in music.

Plenty on the right have bugs up their ***** about things they shouldn't but they're also up against the ropes being battered and censored by Hollywood, the news media, social media, colleges and democrats.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't recall the right taking the offensive to squash freedoms in quite some time (Patriot act last to come to mind - did not agree). I remember good old Al & Tipper wasting Congress and the nation's time trying to keep people from using words their delicate ears didn't like in music.

Plenty on the right have bugs up their ***** about things they shouldn't but they're also up against the ropes being battered and censored by Hollywood, the news media, social media, colleges and democrats.

I agree. Perhaps that perception needs to change. Perhaps I am too olde and remember this.

However, you ARE correct that the left is starting to move in a very ugly way toward censorship, doxing, and other uses of bullying and pressure to get their way.

I'll need to think about how far the pendulum has swung the other way.

Regards,

Doug

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I agree. Perhaps that perception needs to change. Perhaps I am too olde and remember this.

However, you ARE correct that the left is starting to move in a very ugly way toward censorship, doxing, and other uses of bullying and pressure to get their way.

I'll need to think about how far the pendulum has swung the other way.

Regards,

Doug
    I don't hate most liberals contrary to what I'm sure I sound like. I hate those leading the liberals. I hate that more people aren't willing to think for themselves and are so easily manipulated. They get so busy competing to be the most woke liberal on earth that the simply accept whatever is told or sold to them.

They, as we speak, are making efforts to label people like me as right wing extremists and enemies of the state which need to be eliminated from society. This is where my passion goes into overdrive.

I've worked hard over my entire adult life to be a good man. I don't lie, I don't steal and I don't cheat. I assure you that I'm not the hardest worker you've ever met but I do believe my time in the Army and my career as a police officer were some of the hardest work out there. 20 years behind a badge, a reputation as a hard charger early in my career, 12 years on the SWAT team which included a fatal shooting and I never received so much as a complaint for anything other than my language. I pointed my rifle at the face of the bastard that murdered my friend as he cowardly walked out of a house and gave himself up and I'm not sure there are a lot of people who could show such restraint. I've raised two good kids, one with a degree from Purdue and the other with easily attainable goals of doing the same. I've never beat my wife or kids, never paid a bill late and have worked multiple jobs at the same time throughout much of my adult life to make sure my word was my bond and my kids had what they needed.

I spent many of my formative years living in a trailer park which set me on the wrong path early on and it lead to me barely graduating high school. My only option was the military and when I sat in that seat inside the airplane on my way to basic training I had a brief conversation with myself where I decided that it was time to stop being a ****up. On that airplane I had nothing but my skin and bones. I worked my ass off to get to where I am. I enjoyed the company of many others of different races doing the same along the way. I never considered them anything but my equals or at worst my competition for advancement.

But now I am considered a racist, misogynist, transphobic, homophobic sexist Trumper who provides zero value to society and should give everything I have away because it was given to me via privilege. All because I refuse to accept lies as truths and expect people to be decent human beings. I'm becoming an endangered species.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    What sucks about this is that if you have a daughter in sports and reject this, you'll quickly be singled out and canceled. Kid's wont want their parents to "embarrass" them so many adults will turn a blind eye to appease their children.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I feel like this is less about trans issues and more about how to address trans individuals in sports. Very different things.
    It is, but it’s not an issue that has a solution that is equitable for everyone. Trans people want to be looked at as “normal”. They don’t want a “special” league to play in. They don’t want to play in the men’s league if they want to identify as women. They want to play in the women’s league. But then it’s not fair to women.

The “social justice” progressive solution is that the most “oppressed” wins, and so the women just have to lose. And that’s supposed to be fair.

The fairest thing, is that no biological male should be able to compete with biological females in sports which males have a physiological advantage. It’s insane and anti-science to insist that there isn’t an advantage in many of these sports.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom