d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Getting any ammo shipped nowadays is going to cost $20-30. Welcome to the new normal.
    I refuse to pay that for shipping on a case of ammo let alone a few boxes.

I despise places that make money off shipping on top of the product.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I refuse to pay that for shipping on a case of ammo let alone a few boxes.

I despise places that make money off shipping on top of the product.
    D, are you sure they are making money on the shipping? I have shipped some stuff recently and it's getting very pricey. I shipped a holster back to a company last week and it cost me $12.05 for a 3-4 oz holster in an envelope. It was $11.14 to send back a small box that contained a set of in-ear hearing protection. That may have weighed 8 oz.

I shouldn't have even bothered sending the holster back. :(

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Scored some rifle powder (direct from Hodgdon website) yesterday. Just luck on timing - usually check once a day at random times. All sold out now - sold out in about 30 minutes from what I could tell. No 8 pound jugs were available when I tried. Got 2 pounds of H335 and 2 pounds of CFE223. A bit pricey (came out to $45 a pound after shipping / tax / hazmat) from a dealer but not compared to what it is going for from gunbroker. I needed it for some new 62 grainers for my son's new AR, so well worth it to me. Just excited to finally see some available (haven't seen rifle powder - 5.56 - in stores in months). Got the info here on the INGO site - thanks for the heads up - did not know they sell direct.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    D, are you sure they are making money on the shipping?
    I sold some steel ammo on GunBroker (neither my Ruger nor my girlfriend's Shield liked it, the spent shells kept getting real stuck in the barrel) and it turned out to be $20. This was for 9 boxes one shipment and 5 on another, in opposite directions. Before that, I sold 1,000 rounds (that I shouldn't have bought to begin with and needed the money back) and guess how much shipping was? Yep, $20.

If they're not making money on shipping, AmmoShopOnline is assuredly making money off the handling fee.

Don't take the above as me complaining. I'm very grateful @1DOWN4UP shared the link. I'll applaud anyone for posting about available ammo here, even if it's more than my own wallet would allow for me to spend.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I sold some steel ammo on GunBroker (neither my Ruger nor my girlfriend's Shield liked it, the spent shells kept getting real stuck in the barrel) and it turned out to be $20. This was for 9 boxes one shipment and 5 on another, in opposite directions. Before that, I sold 1,000 rounds (that I shouldn't have bought to begin with and needed the money back) and guess how much shipping was? Yep, $20.

If they're not making money on shipping, AmmoShopOnline is assuredly making money off the handling fee.

Don't take the above as me complaining. I'm very grateful @1DOWN4UP shared the link. I'll applaud anyone for posting about available ammo here, even if it's more than my own wallet would allow for me to spend.
    Not taken as a complaint. I do check these whenever someone posts. I have a low price point I will consider for buying, but I did score some SD 9 MM from a poster here.

I set my price point at delivered pricing so whatever they want to add is calculated.

You did well on your shipping cost.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    A guy that sits across from me at work said he stopped at Cabela's in Noblesville after work yesterday around 4:30PM and got a 100rd box of Herter's 9mm 115gr for $30.00. Said they told him he could buy upt to 5 boxes.
    Just sayin'

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A guy that sits across from me at work said he stopped at Cabela's in Noblesville after work yesterday around 4:30PM and got a 100rd box of Herter's 9mm 115gr for $30.00. Said they told him he could buy upt to 5 boxes.
    Just sayin'
    I keep hearing these anecdotal stories about Cabela's, but everytime I stop in I don't even see shelf space where ammo used to be. I don't know where they are even placing ammo when it does come in.

I'm not doubting your buddy's story, but I just haven't seen anything out on the sales floor personally, and I stop in at least every other week or so at random times of day just to check. Maybe I need to ask someone next time.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I keep hearing these anecdotal stories about Cabela's, but everytime I stop in I don't even see shelf space where ammo used to be. I don't know where they are even placing ammo when it does come in.

I'm not doubting your buddy's story, but I just haven't seen anything out on the sales floor personally, and I stop in at least every other week or so at random times of day just to check. Maybe I need to ask someone next time.
    I rarely go into Cabela's myself, but I know this guy wouldn't make that up.

I agree with everything you said as well. When/if I have ever been in there it must be after 50 flippers just cleaned 'em out!

One Saturday last year was on my way home from Muncie, stopped in and got a box of .22WMRF for my son's single-six and they had a box of .32acp that I grabbed for my ppk.

Was in there one other Saturday after the first of the year and nothing.

Johnman98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just sayin'
    I called that same day around 4pm and they said they were out. They probably say they are out to everyone who calls.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    If anybody but this guy told me that he got 9mm there at 4:30 on a Tuesday afternoon I wouldn’t have believed them. That’s why I had to post it

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30

Cabela Highland had 38-357-45 last Sunday,Just to far for the drv.They quit doing free ship to res. about 2 months back.BP Portage has not shown Any on website for 2 months.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    The 1st Edition has had a 9 year run. Time to start a new one.

For posterity, 1st Edition linked below.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/78409-get-your-ammo-here.html
    The 1st Edition has had a 9 year run. Time to start a new one.

For posterity, 1st Edition linked below.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/78409-get-your-ammo-here.html
    I've seen lots of different ammo and primers at some of the rural kings

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    151705335_1664379423764045_2060393903982984963_n.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts