• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They require a copy of your DL if you don't have an FFL... It's good ammo, but dang, like everything else it's gotten salty. This stuff used to be around 50 cents a round. I tried to save mine for my C308 since it has a tendency to chew up brass and this stuff isn't reloadable (Berdan primed).

Edit: I did go ahead and order a can. :)
    Already got shipment notification! :thumbsup:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    $.80/round before tax and shipping.................I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I'll be the guy standing on his antiquated principles with an empty AR.
    I'm sorry, but are you kidding? It's high quality match ammo. Regular ball ammo is retailing for that much and more right now at most places. I can understand passing on ball ammo at that price, but match? And if your AR is actually empty...

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I'm sorry, but are you kidding? It's high quality match ammo. Regular ball ammo is retailing for that much and more right now at most places. I can understand passing on ball ammo at that price, but match? And if your AR is actually empty...

I don't know about "high quality". I bought a couple boxes of this a few months ago just to try some "match" ammo in my Ruger American Ranch just to see what it could do. Federal XM193 5.56 was more accurate than the frontier. Don't know if it's true, but I read somewhere that Frontier is Hornady's budget ammo.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I don't know about "high quality". I bought a couple boxes of this a few months ago just to try some "match" ammo in my Ruger American Ranch just to see what it could do. Federal XM193 5.56 was more accurate than the frontier. Don't know if it's true, but I read somewhere that Frontier is Hornady's budget ammo.
    Yeah, it's their budget line and every rifle will have it's preferences. Your rifle has a 1:8 twist barrel, so I'm kinda surprised at your results. The rate of twist on a barrel can be a key factor since the spread in the weight of the projectiles is quite large - 55gr vs 68gr. For instance, a 1:12 barrel will shoot just about any 55gr bulk ammo better than it will a heavy 68gr load no matter who made it. Very unusual the results you got...then again maybe it's not just Winchester that is having QC issues with the increased demand for ammo. I wonder if the $2 per box drop in price is because they know it's not that great stuff - "seconds" from the manufacturer possibly? AIM wants pretty much the same price for Wolf M193 and M855 and they sold out of both very rapidly.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Kinda.
    If I needed it, I'd probably buy it.
    That being said, inexpensive by comparison, when what it's being compared to is way overpriced, doesn't make it a bargain.
    As stated in the above posts, it's definitely not primo, match grade dope.
    My opinion is just mine to be used by me....................and no, my ARs are far from being empty, that's why I'm talkin' so much $#!+.
    No offense intended.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've tried the 68gr had pretty much the same results in several AR-15. They do love the 75gr Hornady BTHP Frontier though. One is a 1-7 the other is 1-8 twist.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    View attachment 135763
    Wow good deal.

Here is another link for 5.56

PMC 556K X-Tac 5.56x45mm NATO 62 gr Light Armor Piercing (LAP) (Box of 20) $15.99

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They require a copy of your DL if you don't have an FFL... It's good ammo, but dang, like everything else it's gotten salty. This stuff used to be around 50 cents a round. I tried to save mine for my C308 since it has a tendency to chew up brass and this stuff isn't reloadable (Berdan primed).

Edit: I did go ahead and order a can. :)
    My ammo just arrived, but it was supposed to be sent "Signature Required". Got a text saying that it had been delivered, but when I went in and asked DoggyMama about it, she said they hadn't knocked or anything. I checked the FedEx website and clicked on a link to show who had signed for the package and it showed this:

1618522051645.png

Obviously, they're using Covid as an excuse, so I emailed Max Arms and let them know that FedEx was ripping them off, since I believe it's an extra charge to require the signature. :xmad:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My ammo just arrived, but it was supposed to be sent "Signature Required". Got a text saying that it had been delivered, but when I went in and asked DoggyMama about it, she said they hadn't knocked or anything. I checked the FedEx website and clicked on a link to show who had signed for the package and it showed this:

View attachment 135841

Obviously, they're using Covid as an excuse, so I emailed Max Arms and let them know that FedEx was ripping them off, since I believe it's an extra charge to require the signature. :xmad:
    I had a FedEx driver do that awhile back, however, he asked me in person if it was okay if he did that and showed me what he wrote for a signature.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had a FedEx driver do that awhile back, however, he asked me in person if it was okay if he did that and showed me what he wrote for a signature.
    I've had UPS deliver "signature required" just recently (for a C&R rifle) and they didn't seem to have any problem getting my signature. If they're not going to actually require it, then they shouldn't be charging extra for it. Normally I'd just as soon they didn't require it (except for a gun), but if they are going to charge for requiring it, then they should require it.

Top Bottom