• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Sellier & Bellot 1000 rounds for 89cpr. I know there are some cheaper but this was the cheapest of the better brands. The Winchester stuff is over a buck per.

Thanks for sharing. This is obscene price gouging, if you ask me, but maybe someone here is willing to pay that price.
    Everyone keeps saying in 6 months we could be looking at current prices like the good old days....
    We very well could. The pandemic is the #1 problem that is affecting the supply chain for just about everything. In 6 months we should have a lot of people vaccinated, enough to get the manufacturing process to go back to near normal levels of output.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks for sharing. This is obscene price gouging, if you ask me, but maybe someone here is willing to pay that price.

We very well could. The pandemic is the #1 problem that is affecting the supply chain for just about everything. In 6 months we should have a lot of people vaccinated, enough to get the manufacturing process to go back to near normal levels of output.
    The statements from the manufacturers sound like they are running full production. It's the demand that has surged

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    ammo just jumped up within the last two weeks. I thought it was because everyone got their $600 check. I saw things going down and figured I’d grab some more in a week or so when it went down more. Then within a day or two it was all gone and back up in price. And it seems to be going up. Anything under 85 cpr that is a good brand disappears very quick.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    ammo just jumped up within the last two weeks. I thought it was because everyone got their $600 check. I saw things going down and figured I’d grab some more in a week or so when it went down more. Then within a day or two it was all gone and back up in price. And it seems to be going up. Anything under 85 cpr that is a good brand disappears very quick.
    Oh, I’m not criticizing. Like you said, ammo is flying off the shelves. I’ve seen a Black Friday style rush for ammo with my own two eyes at Bass Pro Shop.

This is a little better than the above. Unfortunately, they still charge for shipping, driving cost-per-round just a little more.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Oh, I’m not criticizing. Like you said, ammo is flying off the shelves. I’ve seen a Black Friday style rush for ammo with my own two eyes at Bass Pro Shop
    Oh it’s ok. I agree with you. I had about 2500 9mm rounds but I wanted to add some. I bought that box linked and the went ahead and got another 700 Winchester 9mm. I paid about $1 per round. I paid more than I wanted. But the extra I paid got me what I wanted. I follow the thinking that we will be wishing for these prices in a year or so ( if we can even buy ammo online then).

What’s a good amount of ammo to have per caliber ( or gun) when SHTF in your opinion?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Oh it’s ok. I agree with you. I had about 2500 9mm rounds but I wanted to add some. I bought that box linked and the went ahead and got another 700 Winchester 9mm. I paid about $1 per round. I paid more than I wanted. But the extra I paid got me what I wanted. I follow the thinking that we will be wishing for these prices in a year or so ( if we can even buy ammo online then).

What’s a good amount of ammo to have per caliber ( or gun) when SHTF in your opinion?
    Since it's an opinion you asked for :)

Here's what I aim for.

Self Defense: 500-1000 rds (excluding the amount already loaded in magazines) 500 is a buy point and 1000 is a maximum(allows for accumulation at good prices). I would lower that to 200-500 if I believed all SD ammo had to be shot up every year or two but I don't :)

Practice rounds: 1000-2000 rds of practice ammo assuming one actually practices. I try to shoot 50 rounds a week so thats about a 5-10 month supply. Dry fire and laser targets save lots of money over the long run.

AND the most important for SHTF....

Reloading Supplies:

Keeping enough brass, primers, powder, and bullets to produce the numbers above in a ammo crunch.

Top Bottom