• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Cabela's in Hammond 5-17-23. The days of large pistol primers at $135 per 5k are looong gone.

View attachment 276769
    Cabelas seems to raise the price with demand. So their price doesn’t necessarily reflect the future since it isn’t the cost of making the product that raised just the demand has raised. (Not a supplier or economic expert just how I see it) not saying they won’t be more expensive in the future than they were but I wouldn’t use cabelas as a guide.

example Walmart when you can find it has the bucket of .22 for $80ish cabelas has the same bucket for $140ish

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Cabelas seems to raise the price with demand. So their price doesn’t necessarily reflect the future since it isn’t the cost of making the product that raised just the demand has raised. (Not a supplier or economic expert just how I see it) not saying they won’t be more expensive in the future than they were but I wouldn’t use cabelas as a guide.

example Walmart when you can find it has the bucket of .22 for $80ish cabelas has the same bucket for $140ish
    And spp still need to drop another $39 before I jump back in.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As much as some of ya'll don't want to hear this, I fear we will have to be well into a Republican presidency and congress before we again see competitive pricing of ammo components again.

Everything costs. And all of these costs are amplified as production, manufacturing and distribution go up the line to the retail price. A lot of these costs will only be moderated by an economy that values low regulation capitalism.

At the same time, some of our "friends" in the ammo manufacturing business (yes, you Federal among others,) don't seem to mind taking advantage of demand to leverage "shortage" to their own advantage.

:twocents:

JMcCarty

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Portage, Indiana
    These guys have pretty good prices, especially when buying over a thousand rounds. Also free shipping after $250, and you can send them spent brass for store credit.

I haven’t bought any yet, but they’re legit.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$21.49 for 325rds
    Buy 10 get free shipping.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0