Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Is it better to buy ammo online, at LGS, or at a gun show? Generally I mean. Of course there are exceptions.
    That's going to depend a lot on your LGS. Prices vary a lot. Generally my prices on ammo at a gun show are a little higher (overhead is significantly higher, and it's A LOT more work hauling it around). Ultimately, you can find prices online that are hard to compete with, since some online sources are basically wholesalers with low overhead (no brick and mortar costs, no gun show table rent or travel costs). Some of them also don't collect sales tax.
    I try to be competitive, but it's hard to compete with online companies that buy by the container, have less overhead and don't collect tax. It's hard enough competing with Rural King, but I usually do a decent job of that.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    1651869305118.png

$18 for 50rds

$450 for 1000rds

$450 for 1000rds

$370 for 1000rds

$306 for 1000rds

$562.50 for 1200rds

$288 for 500rds

Free shipping over $200

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$450 for 1000rds

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    That's going to depend a lot on your LGS. Prices vary a lot. Generally my prices on ammo at a gun show are a little higher (overhead is significantly higher, and it's A LOT more work hauling it around). Ultimately, you can find prices online that are hard to compete with, since some online sources are basically wholesalers with low overhead (no brick and mortar costs, no gun show table rent or travel costs). Some of them also don't collect sales tax.
    I try to be competitive, but it's hard to compete with online companies that buy by the container, have less overhead and don't collect tax. It's hard enough competing with Rural King, but I usually do a decent job of that.

How are your prices and selection on .22 stuff? All mine is at my uncle in law’s in Greenwood, but I’ll be passing by your place this week between jobs most likely. If you can beat the $12/box of 50 for Norma Tac-22 that Dunham’s had, I may pick up a few to tide me over.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    How are your prices and selection on .22 stuff? All mine is at my uncle in law’s in Greenwood, but I’ll be passing by your place this week between jobs most likely. If you can beat the $12/box of 50 for Norma Tac-22 that Dunham’s had, I may pick up a few to tide me over.
    We have over a dozen different kinds of .22 LR currently in stock, and prices vary a lot. The cheapest we have right now is $3.74 plus tax for a box of 50 Aguila super extra.

We have a big shipment coming in a couple of weeks that will include several new types of 22 long rifle as well.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    We have over a dozen different kinds of .22 LR currently in stock, and prices vary a lot. The cheapest we have right now is $3.74 plus tax for a box of 50 Aguila super extra.

We have a big shipment coming in a couple of weeks that will include several new types of 22 long rifle as well.

Sweet, you’re on my short list of places to check out then. :) I realize prices are all over for .22, but your stated price for Aguila is already a few bucks less than what I’ve seen elsewhere!

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Recent manufactured Lake City 50 BMG Brass Ball Ammo for $2.79 / round w/ free shipping. I haven't seen that price in over 10 years. It's a one-time thing, so I assume once they sell out of inventory, that price won't be back.

I've signed up for many ammo company emails since I'm searching for a good price on .223 and 9mm. (Still no luck on either of those; I want to pay <= $.30 pp for 9mm brass and <= $.45 pp for .223 brass inc/ shipping.) But was very surprised to see quality 50 BMG for anything approaching the above price after shipping.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom