GenPol: Part VI----- Something Something Brandon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    SO? Is there something wrong in introducing and voting on it? So the rule of INGO seems to be “if INGO doesn’t think it will pass it is foolish to attempt“?
    The problem is, only bringing it up when they have no chance.
    Give them the House, Senate, and Presidency... and they're whistling, looking at the sky.

Too many had spine removal operations.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The problem is, only bringing it up when they have no chance.
    Give them the House, Senate, and Presidency... and they're whistling, looking at the sky.

Too many had spine removal operations.
    So what if the conservatives put this out there to back the RINO’s into a vote that when they get majority it would look really bad to pull out?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They gave up that charade years ago.
    That is correct, the idea of repeal was a charade after just a few years passed. By the time repubs had the votes to possibly change some things I now understand it was an impossibility. Why? It seems analogous to this, obummer care was an infection, we failed to stop that infection, each passing month the infection grew, infecting ever deeper, until the host is just pure infection.

All our records are digitized, most of the private practice of medicine is over, they socialized medicine with corporate crony control, just like they do everything.

Anyone that says they can repeal that is wrong, doesn’t understand, or using that to say make changes around the edges. Repeal is impossible…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There was a big discussion of it here but cannot find it now. Maybe someone will know…

I looked around a little before I posted and I didn't find anything either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I seriously doubt the when a bill is introduced to ban guns that the lefty sites are hand wringing that it will not pass by calling it “symbolic”. They are celebrating getting closer to their goal and putting pro-gun on the defensive.

While it is true it is a long shot to pass when that right moment comes (generally a shooting they are exploiting) they have a bill ready to pass the moment the public sentiment sides with them. It would be a tactical error to not have a bill ready…
    I did not comment on strategy. I commented on expectations. Do you see the pattern here? It’s only about what it’s about. Or should I just preemptively list all the motivations it’s not that one might read into everything I post?

Saying that the bill isn’t going anywhere doesn’t mean I don’t like the bill or that I don’t think it should have been written or voted on or approved by the house. ll I’s saying. It’s not going anywhere. I wish it were. It’s not. That is all.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what if the conservatives put this out there to back the RINO’s into a vote that when they get majority it would look really bad to pull out?
    Pull out? Coitus Interuptus is the GOP’s speciality. I don’t have any problem with this bill other than most Republicans just want to keep their seats and not derail the gravy train. So they’ll only vote for stuff like this when they know it won’t upset their livelihoods.

Again, no one is arguing against “should” they. It’s about expectations. We’ve been here before. We all know how it’s going to pan out. But still Charley Brown still needs to try to kick that ball just in case Lucy fails to pull it back in time.

Top Bottom