GenPol: Part VI----- Something Something Brandon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Now let's discuss the surveillance, data collection, and infringements of privacy by the US government on US citizens....

It's like two complete ***holes arguing about which ***hole is the biggest ***hole.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It’s only symbolic. It’s not going anywhere. Even if it passes the house it’ll never even see a vote in the Senate.
    SO? Is there something wrong in introducing and voting on it? So the rule of INGO seems to be “if INGO doesn’t think it will pass it is foolish to attempt“?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Not that anything will likely come of it but at least it’s something.

JWamplerUSA approves.

I suggest however a more direct method is to simply state the Department of Education is a violation of the 10th Amendment to the Constitution and it's restriction upon the Federal Government to claim powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, thus those powers are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Quite simply, the Department of Education should not exist, along with a LOT of other elements of the Federal Government.

(The powers the Federal Government has usurped is any control or authority "not delegated to the United States by the Constitution". I just checked, the Constitution says nothing regarding education. Yes, I consider extortion via the Federal Government's taxation and appropriations to be a violation of the restriction just as much as a direct power grab.)

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I made no commentary on “should”. I made a commentary on expectations.
    I seriously doubt the when a bill is introduced to ban guns that the lefty sites are hand wringing that it will not pass by calling it “symbolic”. They are celebrating getting closer to their goal and putting pro-gun on the defensive.

While it is true it is a long shot to pass when that right moment comes (generally a shooting they are exploiting) they have a bill ready to pass the moment the public sentiment sides with them. It would be a tactical error to not have a bill ready…

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Now let's discuss the surveillance, data collection, and infringements of privacy by the US government on US citizens....

It's like two complete ***holes arguing about which ***hole is the biggest ***hole.
    Much as I would like to see the chinese thrown out of our communications I don't see it happening regardless of the current "bipartisan" cheering.

5 years ago tiktok spent less than a million with dc lobbyists, this year it was 5 million, soon it will be 50 million. China will buy tiktok's position in this country just like the bought the president. It's just a number.

Money talks, the bigger it is the louder it talks

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Much as I would like to see the chinese thrown out of our communications I don't see it happening regardless of the current "bipartisan" cheering.

5 years ago tiktok spent less than a million with dc lobbyists, this year it was 5 million, soon it will be 50 million. China will buy tiktok's position in this country just like the bought the president. It's just a number.

Money talks, the bigger it is the louder it talks
    Someone here used to say “follow the money” often. What would he say about this?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Someone here used to say “follow the money” often. What would he say about this?

Sometimes I quote Arnold Rothstein, he was one of the original gangster business guys who understood very clearly that with leadership it's usually just finding the number. The cartel guys have a more updated version with "plata o plumbo".

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Sometimes I quote Arnold Rothstein, he was one of the original gangster business guys who understood very clearly that with leadership it's usually just finding the number. The cartel guys have a more updated version with "plata o plumbo".

What was the saying?

"I know what you are.... now I'm just negotiating the price".

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Top Bottom