• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As far as .40 goes, I have that same powder and components in stock as well as some 180 gr RNFP. Sounds like an easy starting point for .40.
    Hodgdon reloading data says max load for 180s is 6.2 gr of Autocomp, giving 1060 fps. I don't load 180s so can't really comment on that combination. Start load was 5.7 gr at 971 fps. The published data is for Berry's FPs, but they are functionally identical with the Xtreme RNFPs

As you probably know, 40 is also sensitive to setback, so be precise about COAL

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hodgdon reloading data says max load for 180s is 6.2 gr of Autocomp, giving 1060 fps. I don't load 180s so can't really comment on that combination. Start load was 5.7 gr at 971 fps. The published data is for Berry's FPs, but they are functionally identical with the Xtreme RNFPs

I've used autocomp for my 10mm 180gr Hoosierbullets. It doesn't give it blazing fast speed, but it was as powerful as a 357 Magnum 180gr Federal hunting load.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside

I knew I’d have to allow for the heavier 180’s. Just figured I’d look up charge weights.

Top Bottom