• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mauser Fanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 11, 2020
    Fishers
    I don't sell anywhere but here now that I refuse to go to gun shows. NEVER had a bad transaction here and met some good people in the process. I don't waste time with trolls or low ballers after I've said no thank you.
    Agree! Gun shows are the worst places to sell guns. One time I went into a gun show to sell one of my handguns. I gave it off to the ticket guy so he could put a zip tie on it. Right while the ticket guy was going to hand it back to me, a vendor grabbed the pistol and started walking to his table!!! He never asked me, he just grabbed it. He then started low balling me and didn't want to give it back. I told him I wasn't interested, grabbed the pistol, and walked away. As I was walking away, he had the audacity to mutter insults under his breath. It took me every bit of patience not to get into it with him then and there.

Many of the vendors at gun shows want to pay you under 50% of the resale value of the gun, and sadly a lot of people take it. I think that's incredibly unreasonable. An argument can be made that they have overhead... blah blah blah, but a lot of these guys just tour the gun shows and have no store front.

I still go to gun shows, but only to buy guns. You can snag some fair deals from people who are trying to thin out their personal collection.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I’ve had a bad apple or two here, but hundreds of positive experiences over the last ten+ years on INGO. I can usually sniff out who is going to be an annoying and just stop replying to them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom