• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpyderByte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it was the closest imho...so, General observation of a bunch of potential buyers these days...

Is it just that some people are becoming more and more like douche bags these days, or is it just my skin getting thinner? I keep getting people that tell me "your pistol is only a $X pistol (way less than actual retail pricing), but I guess if you can make somebody pay more, go ahead." And then tell you they basically stole one from somebody else so you should let them do the same to you. Of course different gun, used, no night sights, no extras, etc., but they want to offer the same money for mine. And some are even out of state...geesh. I've not really had that on this site, but plenty elsewhere...so maybe the people here are just nicer and more considerate - THANKS for that! Rant over. LOL

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yes people are always trying to get a lower price. And it seems that people have generally grown more rude in public interactions.

Also, even though we pay expensive prices for extras that matter to us, if the extra is not something the purchaser likes, it really is worth nothing to him. In fact, if the person really does not like the extra, it may make the item worth less to him.

Don't let people get you down.

SpyderByte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Indianapolis
    @SpyderByte, I have been very lucky that all of my classified interactions here have been positive.

When you get one of those PMs, reply ONCE to that person saying "no thanks" or don't reply at all. Any personal attacks or offensive messages should be reported to the mods so that the knuckleheads can be weeded out.
    It doesn't usually get to the truly personal attacks, and it's always after I give them a phone number and they begin texting (like using a keyboard) that they become trolls and act they are doing me a favor. At least on INGO the people have been great to interact with so far but I assume the douche bags troll everywhere. On my phone I just mark it as such and no longer reply. I will, however, let an admin know if it becomes adversarial. Thx.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    It doesn't usually get to the truly personal attacks, and it's always after I give them a phone number and they begin texting (like using a keyboard) that they become trolls and act they are doing me a favor. At least on INGO the people have been great to interact with so far but I assume the douche bags troll everywhere. On my phone I just mark it as such and no longer reply. I will, however, let an admin know if it becomes adversarial. Thx.
    I don't give a phone number until all terms of the deal are final. That way you have PM trail of what was agreed to. Set the meet up by PM, give phone # only on day of meet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We h
    We here on Ingo have set a level we all want to be treated at. There was a time when the douche bags were around and all they wanted was to buy low and post it up elsewhere for a tidy profit.
    Most have been weeded out. And many of them screamed like stepped on cats in the process.

The rules we have put in place are simple and easy to follow. Staff has a lot of say in how we moderate these rules. Mostly we are fair. The heavy handed hammer slingers of the past are gone. It is a different Ingo now.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The computer, It sets a shield of protection up for these douche bag flippers and would be thieves. Keyboard defense barrier. They will say and act as they will will the protection from physical contact afforded them by the keyboard.
    "I'll say it right to your face through a privacy fence..."

Maybe "it's state law man".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hear ya. Lots of douches.

And almost as bad, are those that expect near retail for their used gun. Sorry, used is used, even if you only shot it once and stored it in the box for 3 years.

Yes, for a while there was a bit of a premium due to supply issues, but I'm not talking about that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it was the closest imho...so, General observation of a bunch of potential buyers these days...

Is it just that some people are becoming more and more like douche bags these days, or is it just my skin getting thinner? I keep getting people that tell me "your pistol is only a $X pistol (way less than actual retail pricing), but I guess if you can make somebody pay more, go ahead." And then tell you they basically stole one from somebody else so you should let them do the same to you. Of course different gun, used, no night sights, no extras, etc., but they want to offer the same money for mine. And some are even out of state...geesh. I've not really had that on this site, but plenty elsewhere...so maybe the people here are just nicer and more considerate - THANKS for that! Rant over. LOL
    I am with you. It is especially irritating when people come after something you didn't plan to sell making lowball offers and getting pissy when you're not interested.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Yep.... definitely lots of thin skin around here. I was trying to work out a deal on a handgun. The ad didn't say the price was firm. So I offered $25 less than the asking price....and was willing to make the 2 and a half hour drive to pick it up. We were even in the middle of setting up a definitive time for pick-up.

Well apparently my offer pissed the dude off. He removed the gun and hasn't bothered to reply to any more messages. I realize he doesn't owe me anything.... his stuff.... he can do as he pleases.

Just have the common decency to send a message saying you've changed your mind. Or tell me to go **** myself. It's not like I haven't been told that before....today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep.... definitely lots of thin skin around here. I was trying to work out a deal on a handgun. The ad didn't say the price was firm. So I offered $25 less than the asking price....and was willing to make the 2 and a half hour drive to pick it up. We were even in the middle of setting up a definitive time for pick-up.

Well apparently my offer pissed the dude off. He removed the gun and hasn't bothered to reply to any more messages. I realize he doesn't owe me anything.... his stuff.... he can do as he pleases.

Just have the common decency to send a message saying you've changed your mind. Or tell me to go **** myself. It's not like I haven't been told that before....today.
    Even money someone upped the anti with a higher offering. Honor. We all need to maintain our word.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Even money someone upped the anti with a higher offering. Honor. We all need to maintain our word.
    Like I said. It's his stuff. He can do as he pleases. Just have the common decency to drop a message saying you changed your mind. I was waiting on a definite reply about the meeting time and boom.... nothing.

No big deal.... in reality, anymore, I expect nothing less.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like I said. It's his stuff. He can do as he pleases. Just have the common decency to drop a message saying you changed your mind. I was waiting on a definite reply about the meeting time and boom.... nothing.

No big deal.... in reality, anymore, I expect nothing less.
    Common decency is no longer common. If it were everyone would have it.

Top Bottom