Gender Affirming Bill headed to Holcomb's desk...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

"If this dangerous bill is signed into law, we will defend the rights of trans youth in court."

So, will they defend the rights of minors to purchase and own firearms, vote, buy alcohol and cigarettes, serve in the military, etc.? Or are they only defending their right to be mentally ill?

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Sounds like it should pass easily ................The vote was 65-30 within the legislature .
    I read where :
    " If Holcomb vetoes the bill, the legislature can override the veto. Indiana only requires a simple majority to override a veto. If signed by the governor, however, the law will take effect July 1. "

Last year, Holcomb vetoed a bill that aimed to ban transgender girls from participating in girls’ sports. His veto was quickly overridden by the state legislature, and the bill became law.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is a bill my wife and I have been following closely and praying along with our church would pass overwhelmingly. Which it did. My wife is an RN Pediatric nurse and works for an Indiana based University supported hospital. She is also a devoted Christian. This crap was being forced upon her to administer to children. She refused and even filed religious exemption forms I'm order to not have to do it. She kinda became a leader among her peers and most of them followed suit and refused to administer the treatments forcing the doctors who pushed for this to do it. Which did not make them very happy. However the powers that be were still pushing for it and were going to make it mandatory. She was considering leaving health care entirely because of it. But after this bill passed they canceled the mandatory training and suspended all future treatments indefinitely. It's my understanding that Indiana does not have Pocket veto so even if our RINO governor doesn't sign it it still becomes law by default. God does answer prayers. My wife loves her work and enjoys helping children and new mothers especially. She didn't sign up to mutilate them and destroy their lives. I'm glad she can continue in her field without this hanging over her head

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is a bill my wife and I have been following closely and praying along with our church would pass overwhelmingly. Which it did. My wife is an RN Pediatric nurse and works for an Indiana based University supported hospital. She is also a devoted Christian. This crap was being forced upon her to administer to children. She refused and even filed religious exemption forms I'm order to not have to do it. She kinda became a leader among her peers and most of them followed suit and refused to administer the treatments forcing the doctors who pushed for this to do it. Which did not make them very happy. However the powers that be were still pushing for it and were going to make it mandatory. She was considering leaving health care entirely because of it. But after this bill passed they canceled the mandatory training and suspended all future treatments indefinitely. It's my understanding that Indiana does not have Pocket veto so even if our RINO governor doesn't sign it it still becomes law by default. God does answer prayers. My wife loves her work and enjoys helping children and new mothers especially. She didn't sign up to mutilate them and destroy their lives. I'm glad she can continue in her field without this hanging over her head
    So happy for your wife and continued prayer this chapter is over…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    An interview of Abigail Shrier by Jordan Peterson, followed by an Abigail Shrier presentation.

She is a very kind and thoughtful voice on the topic.

Regards,

Doug

I only watched the end of those.

They sure make you wonder about the "doctors" who do these surgeries and the medical facilities where it happens. It's great for them financially, especially due to the ongoing aspect of this stuff. These poor folks have to have procedures, drugs and treatments for the rest of their lives.

Hard to wrap your head around one human doing this to another? :(

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    When it comes to identity you only need to ask one question. Since what someone chooses is their choice alone and we need to smile and accept it. If a child decides he identifies as a pirate, should we stand aside while he seeks “gender affirming care” to have his leg cut of so he can have a peg leg?

Top Bottom