• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My oldest daughter got married this weekend. She has always been a daddy’s girl and we were extremely close. Dads, if you haven’t done this before, all I can say is there is no way you can prepare enough. Lots of emotions as I sent my baby into the world. I know this is what kids are supposed to do, and her mother and I have prepared her for it. Doesn’t make it any easier.

It ended up being a beautiful wedding and she is marrying a really good guy. She lived at home until the wedding and it is still surreal that she isn’t coming home. The nice part is that they are still close by, and plan on coming over for Sunday dinners.

Picture is of my 4 kids and new son in law.

807687DF-C9EE-43D6-9AE7-E2FE394FE194.jpeg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Walked both of my girls down the aisle. Thankfully both were outside and I kept my sunglasses on. Dang dust. Congratulations. Grandkids, they are the next best thing coming!
    Ya, the dust was definitely a problem. Especially during the daddy/daughter dance, which just happened to be "Cinderella" by Stephen Curtis Chapman. Ugh.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My daughter is getting married this weekend. It’s a small, say I do and get the hell outta there type wedding, only problem is, I have to drive to Florida for it. I will be wearing shorts and a t-shirt for the entire thing. Her husband to be is an ok guy, he’s good to her, and has a good job, so, it could be worse.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The song “It won’t be like this for long” comes to mind.
    crazy. Neither of my kids are married have significant others and beautiful children.
    they are established and on their own. That’s the path they both chose after watching so many friends relationships burn down after married. It is good to see young people walking down this path.
    congrates.

Top Bottom