• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Diesel is fuel that is mostly passed on cost wise, trucks, tractors, trains, equipment, etc. These things do a job that's billed downstream to consumers, most of whom are operating vehicles powered by gasoline. The increase in energy costs at the end of the day come out of the consumer's wallet sooner or later. People get angry sooner about a jump in gas because it's an immediate visible hit.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Insanity.
    China eased lock down measures today(11/11/2022). ALL commodities are spiking.
    US gasoline wholesale is already up 2.5% in pre market trading. Crude up over 3%

I am starting to wonder if inflation is the actual goal. It would make sense(inflate away the debt,it only impoverishes the peasants is how some of them think).

The USD index...WOW! Fell from 110 yesterday to 106 today and is still going down pre market opening. Someone is selling a ton of US treasuries. I mean hundreds of billions. Japan and Saudi Arabia have been selling tens of billions for months and did not nothing to stop the USD index from going up. It has to be a very large or coordinated dump.

Inflation is always the goal, it's a tax that transfers value in any form from everybody to groups the government favors. When a new government spending program comes out who gets the money first? The recipients of the program get that fresh, new, undevalued dollar which after a year is worth considerably less.

You really can't escape this tax as it sucks the value out of everything regardless of it's form without having any laws passed to do it.

hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Diesel is fuel that is mostly passed on cost wise, trucks, tractors, trains, equipment, etc. These things do a job that's billed downstream to consumers, most of whom are operating vehicles powered by gasoline. The increase in energy costs at the end of the day come out of the consumer's wallet sooner or later. People get angry sooner about a jump in gas because it's an immediate visible hit.
    Agreed, Diesel powers the work that America does, I have not seen a battery operated, truck, tractor, combine, backhoe, etc., out in the field working. If it costs the operator more, the cost will be passed on.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What I have read indicates that when the diesel reserve goes to zero, we are not out of diesel but must rely on current refinery output only without that reserve smoothing demand spikes - and they are already running the refineries like rented power tools and exporting a lot of the diesel product to the EU

OPIS indicates large companies with broad-based contracts will be in the best shape in that environment, so the big freight companies and railroads will be able to muddle through but independents, small companies and farmers will take it in the neck

Any sane government would begin curtailing exports, but ours is not sane

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    What I have read indicates that when the diesel reserve goes to zero, we are not out of diesel but must rely on current refinery output only without that reserve smoothing demand spikes - and they are already running the refineries like rented power tools and exporting a lot of the diesel product to the EU

OPIS indicates large companies with broad-based contracts will be in the best shape in that environment, so the big freight companies and railroads will be able to muddle through but independents, small companies and farmers will take it in the neck

Today. 11/11/2022

The reserve includes all storage and delivery terminals. With the supply we have now those delivery terminals do not have enough to meet supply demands(hence shortages and outages).
    So it is more complicated than supply and demand and being out. Our export terminals seem to always be full though....

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Do you think farms have diesel contracts. Who will grow food?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Strange that it's the dems calling for a gas tax suspension! :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was in Missouri last week. Gas was $3.25 to $3.35 all the way across the State. The same in Kansas. Returning home, IL was $4 and when we hit the Indiana line it was $4.58.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was in Missouri last week. Gas was $3.25 to $3.35 all the way across the State. The same in Kansas. Returning home, IL was $4 and when we hit the Indiana like it was $4.58.

As of late, if you listen to news reports much on gas prices, it seems odd that the price at the pump here is way higher than the national average. :scratch:

We need to rattle the cage here at home. :nono::nono::nono: The RINO's have been sneaking taxes in on us ever since we allowed that snake Holcomb in. We need to reel that back in. :xmad:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I was in Missouri last week. Gas was $3.25 to $3.35 all the way across the State. The same in Kansas. Returning home, IL was $4 and when we hit the Indiana like it was $4.58.
    We have just two active refineries in our state. One in Whitting(touches Chicago) and one in the souther tip city of Vernon.
    Whitting was shut down due to a fire in August (400k barrels of gasoline a day,a large percentage of Indiana's supply). I am unsure if it is back up and fully operational as even the BP site has no information. The good news is the forbes article says it is not impacting prices rofl.

Reactions: Leo

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    As of late, if you listen to news reports much on gas prices, it seems odd that the price at the pump here is way higher than the national average. :scratch:

We need to rattle the cage here at home. :nono::nono::nono: The RINO's have been sneaking taxes in on us ever since we allowed that snake Holcomb in. We need to reel that back in. :xmad:

See post above my reply.

Reactions: Leo

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If the taxes are the problem, why were they not a problem before bidet wrecked the economy and energy sector? Have there been increases in the taxes recently?

Top Bottom