• Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Costco:
    $3.89 last week, $4.19 yesterday

Which means it costs about 25 cents per mile in fuel to drive my truck, and that’s driving like there’s an egg under the gas pedal.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Anybody else notice a dramatic slowdown in the speed of gas pumps lately?

I've experienced it twice lately at different stations, both times the pumps weren't particularly busy. The first time the guy next to me pumped for several minutes and only managed to get two gallons. He just left. I only managed a gallon and a half before I switched to a different pump and it wasn't much better. Took me 10 minutes to put 13 gallons in my car.

I mentioned this at home the other night and both my wife daughter said, now that you mention it, yeah. It took them both much longer than usual to fill up at different stations around town.

Just odd.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side

I've experienced it twice lately at different stations, both times the pumps weren't particularly busy. The first time the guy next to me pumped for several minutes and only managed to get two gallons. He just left. I only managed a gallon and a half before I switched to a different pump and it wasn't much better. Took me 10 minutes to put 13 gallons in my car.

I mentioned this at home the other night and both my wife daughter said, now that you mention it, yeah. It took them both much longer than usual to fill up at different stations around town.

Just odd.
    Filled up two vehicles in the last two days. Tanks filled up at the usual speed. The cost however went up really fast.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest

Just odd.
    I had this happen couple weeks ago. I was only one using pumps. Took 10+ minutes to fill up.. Went in and ask clerk. Aware of it, didn’t know why, called manager, supposedly someone coming to check it out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Just odd.
    Maybe it's to ease the shock of how fast the dollar amounts go up as you're pumping.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Just odd.
    Last time I filled up, it did seem like the pump was maybe a bit slower. Not dramatically, but a bit.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Just odd.
    I usually presume the filters are slowing the flow. Two of my three will not take it super fast anyway so I am happy if they take the first click.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    20 cent hikes hitting every 1-2 weeks. Still betting on $5 on Memorial Day in Indy. Only two hikes away.

With the supply and refining situation the only way out is demand destruction. Destruction of two years of pent up demand from people stuck at home and postponing vacations and trips because the covidians ruined everywhere they wanted to go.

Prices have to climb high enough to make even those people cancel their plans again. It's simple as that. The greenies and the Biden administration handicapped supply so that demand would be forced down, and prices are the only way that happens. $5+ is the new normal.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm headed to South Beloit, IL friday for the weekend at Blackhawk. I fully expect to pay well over $5/gallon to get my 93 octane up there.

Top Bottom