• ...and so much more!
  • MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Rookie's thread on wanting to start a garden got me looking, and didn't see our annual thread dedicated to gardening.

Will soon be time to start seeds indoors. I have several heirlooms I'm ready to try out this year, some I saved and some I bought.

Jungseed.com has free shipping through February on orders over $100.

I got some strawberries and rhubarb from them, and was only a couple dollars away from free shipping....so I'm sure you all know what happens when presented with that situation. Yup, wound up getting some of this, some of that. Oh I definitely need that. Wound up about $30 over the mark.LOL

Here is a link I have used in the past for when to start seeds indoors: https://www.johnnyseeds.com/growers-library/seed-planting-schedule-calculator.html

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Rookie's thread on wanting to start a garden got me looking, and didn't see our annual thread dedicated to gardening.

Will soon be time to start seeds indoors. I have several heirlooms I'm ready to try out this year, some I saved and some I bought.

Jungseed.com has free shipping through February on orders over $100.

I got some strawberries and rhubarb from them, and was only a couple dollars away from free shipping....so I'm sure you all know what happens when presented with that situation. Yup, wound up getting some of this, some of that. Oh I definitely need that. Wound up about $30 over the mark.LOL

Here is a link I have used in the past for when to start seeds indoors: https://www.johnnyseeds.com/growers-library/seed-planting-schedule-calculator.html

Good work. Let's go!

20230207_004359.jpg

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I do migardener seed some also. We have the same onions.
    Same here!
    The best “impulse buy” from MIGardener a couple years ago were the habanada peppers he talked about on his YT channel. I ordered a pack and my brother and I have both been saving the heirloom seeds for the last couple of years.
    They are a great pepper flavor without too much heat.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Got lots of saved seeds. The Brussels sprouts and kale did not survive the subzero temps earlier in the winter (sometimes they do). Have some new pea trellises.

Current garden activity - maple sap collecting.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My park seeds bell peppers will be planted on feb 27. Peppers for me seem to be hit and miss on Germination for me but placement on the water heater seems to help this Lately. They seem to enjoy warm feet.

I am going to do my onions that day also in a bunch of 50 or so.

I start my tomatoes later in March and get them out early. To early? They have been killed off to the ground a couple years but I call them resurrection tomatoes cause they seem to come back from the dead pretty easy with no noticeable yield year to year. everyone only wants the first of the early tomatoes I get then I have to can them up for later.
    it is time to start going hard soon. Photos incoming as I do.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    This is going to be the year that I finally get my rain water system dialed in. I've got a 550 gallon poly tank that I picked up late last summer to add to my existing storage, and a shallow well pump. The plan is to put the tank in place, plumb things up, and run a black poly line back to my raised beds, and set up a drip system. When all I had was well water, I had to abandon my drip system because it would get clogged up with iron.

I've been looking on Dripdepot.com, but I don't have much experience with drip systems. It might be a learn-by-doing kind of thing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wouldn't get in too much of a hurry on hopes for asparagus. Asperagus does not take well to freezing.

I'm not sure that I havent lost whole plants to freezing? Certainly sure I've lost spears. I have taken to cutting any spear that is above ground, regardless of legnth, prior to a freeze. A freeze stops growth then the spear dies off.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    My peppers, tomatoes and eggplants were all moved under the grow light this weekend.

Need to get the garden cleaned up and ready to go now. I goofed off this weekend instead of working, so I'll be out in the cold weather next weekend.

Top Bottom