• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know it's not yet Christmas but in early-October I ordered by birthday gun (AUG) and a Christmas gun (Galil ACE in .30RS).

I am still waiting on the ACE after 60 days. At this rate I will have my AE suppressor in hand before I get my ACE, lol.

Anyone have any inside baseball explanation for why I am this is taking so long?

TIA.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a IWI X95 OG16 spring of 21.
    My one requirement for owning any gun is parts access and support.
    Bolt, extractor and springs… the failure items.
    They were never able to get me these parts. Kept stringing me along with “anytime now”.
    This was a T&E with potential to be a high round count working gun. Don’t have the time to send it to the mothership for repairs. We need these parts in house.

I dumped the gun a few weeks ago.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I bought a IWI X95 OG16 spring of 21.
    My one requirement for owning any gun is parts access and support.
    Bolt, extractor and springs… the failure items.
    They were never able to get me these parts. Kept stringing me along with “anytime now”.
    This was a T&E with potential to be a high round count working gun. Don’t have the time to send it to the mothership for repairs. We need these parts in house.

I dumped the gun a few weeks ago.
    The Israelis have a Euro work ethic, i.e. no work ethic, I get it.

But you would think having a factory here, staffed by Americans that they would step up their game.

TheGhostRider

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The Israelis have a Euro work ethic, i.e. no work ethic, I get it.

But you would think having a factory here, staffed by Americans that they would step up their game.
    Agree 1000 percent!
    I really wanted to switch over to the X95 for CQB/vehicle operations while maintaining 16” barrel velocities.
    Same problem with other “pup” manufacturers parts though… Not just Israel . Going to stay with AR based tools for now which obviously work ok or they wouldn’t be so popular.
    Typical guy I am… looking for a better rat hammer.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Agree 1000 percent!
    I really wanted to switch over to the X95 for CQB/vehicle operations while maintaining 16” barrel velocities.
    Same problem with other “pup” manufacturers parts though… Not just Israel . Going to stay with AR based tools for now which obviously work ok or they wouldn’t be so popular.
    Typical guy I am… looking for a better rat hammer.
    That is sound thinking.

I fully admit this is a Special Snowflake gun, a Cadillac AK. It is a want gun, not a need gun.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was reading a Jack Carr book last night. He was talking about how great the Galil is... now I may have to pony up for one.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I was reading a Jack Carr book last night. He was talking about how great the Galil is... now I may have to pony up for one.

It has many positives within its envelope, but it is over gassed as hell so Cledus can run trash tier ammo, "muh steal kase", the handguard in both Gens are less than optimal and designed by the CFO of IWI, and flex of the top cover is just silly.

That said, it is what I want, I 200 yard gun that will run if I put rocks in it. No magic swords.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Where did you order your ACE? I bought one of the new limited edition gen-1 RnL models a couple weeks ago and my FFL had it three days later.

Most of the more common gen-2 models are in stock at a lot of places, so is it the retailer's burden? Are they a drop shipper?

On a side note, I've been waiting three months for two little replacement parts for my still-under-warranty AUG. Steyr USA hands down has the worst customer service of any firearm-related company I've ever done business with.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    There's currently a couple dozen in that chambering in various configurations from $1,500 and up on GB. Sounds like your FFL picked the wrong distributor.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Where did you order your ACE? I bought one of the new limited edition gen-1 RnL models a couple weeks ago and my FFL had it three days later.

Most of the more common gen-2 models are in stock at a lot of places, so is it the retailer's burden? Are they a drop shipper?

On a side note, I've been waiting three months for two little replacement parts for my still-under-warranty AUG. Steyr USA hands down has the worst customer service of any firearm-related company I've ever done business with.
    ERG here in Lafayette.

Dude, that's a lot of questions for me.

Kirk orders gun: walks into shop, gives over money and printed off gun from IWI website, Kirk leaves because he must go back to the office and talk on the phone or the Earth will fall into the sun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There's currently a couple dozen in that chambering in various configurations from $1,500 and up on GB. Sounds like your FFL picked the wrong distributor.
    Could be. ERG has an FFL but the money is in the gear. Ken has found tough to get guns for me before. Just have to wait I guess.

I should get an FFL again, just the hassle, like I need another thing to do.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    You still have six weeks until Christmas, so that's something ... maybe.

If it's the GAR37 model (Gen II, x39, 16" barrel), they're all over the place online. Mighty kind of you to throw some business at a local shop, but holy hell that's a wait and a half.

Kalash orders gun online. Waits a couple days. Local shop gets $40 for a few minutes of work. Kalash leaves happily. Kalash tries to sneak gun inside home. Earth keeps spinning. Mrs. Kalash keeps getting angrier at the ever-mounting pile of guns.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Saw a nice Gen 1 Ace in 308 in Barearms today. Midwest Industries rail and a adjustable piston. I didn't pop it open to see if was a KNS but more than likely was.

I want to hear your review when you get it Kirk. Good Luck

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Saw a nice Gen 1 Ace in 308 in Barearms today. Midwest Industries rail and a adjustable piston. I didn't pop it open to see if was a KNS but more than likely was.

I want to hear your review when you get it Kirk. Good Luck

What was the price? I wonder if it was one of the "blems" from the Classic blowout a few years ago.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    You still have six weeks until Christmas, so that's something ... maybe.

If it's the GAR37 model (Gen II, x39, 16" barrel), they're all over the place online. Mighty kind of you to throw some business at a local shop, but holy hell that's a wait and a half.

Kalash orders gun online. Waits a couple days. Local shop gets $40 for a few minutes of work. Kalash leaves happily. Kalash tries to sneak gun inside home. Earth keeps spinning. Mrs. Kalash keeps getting angrier at the ever-mounting pile of guns.
    Quit leaving them on the living room floor stacked up like cord wood!

TheGhostRider

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I love IWI products! Had what I thought to be a solid plan. They’re great quality for sure. But… stuff breaks. If one can’t source parts what happens when something breaks and you need to get up and running asap without the hassle of returning to the mothership? Waiting for over a year for a simple bolt, firing pin, extractor and the spring to go with… unacceptable for working guns.
    If it’s strictly a range toy… that’s different.
    I will possibly revisit the X95 in the future as the interest/need for a bullpup design is still there.
    It will only happen when Israel can provide proper end user armory parts support.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom