• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    It's a matter of most likely being compatible with the next guy and visa versa.

A fair amount of folks also store the extra/vehicle ammo in mags. Say for example, a SHTF backup 17 rounder and 33 round fun stick.

Thats what long guns are for :ar15:

deerslayer512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 23, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I've heard nothing but good things about the revised sig p365, but i would definetly recommend my edc, the glock 43. Easily consealable and there's a million magazine extensions out there to up your capacity. Can't imagine the G48 is much different than my 43. Cant go wrong with a glock slimline.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Man - I really hate it when I get an idea in my head.

G48 seems to be the new hotness. The Sig P365XL is for sure the new hotness. A G19 / 45 MOS is the new hotness.

Putting an RMR on my M&P FS also seems like a good idea - and would probably be the same financial investment as a G48 + mags and holsters would be. But I'd also have to buy new holsters.

But an RMR on a G48 or 365XL seems like it'd be the cat's meow. *sigh*

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Love my Glock 48 but this 365XL is just really sweeeeeeeeeet! Being just a bit smaller than the 48 it might be my pick between the two.

I like the fact that the 365 XL is optics-ready... But I do not like that it's probably only cut for a certain Sig Romeo optic and not an RMR / DeltaPoint Pro

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I like the fact that the 365 XL is optics-ready... But I do not like that it's probably only cut for a certain Sig Romeo optic and not an RMR / DeltaPoint Pro

It is cut for the new (not yet released) Romeo Zero and the Shield RMSc. They have the same footprint/screw locations

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It is cut for the new (not yet released) Romeo Zero and the Shield RMSc. They have the same footprint/screw locations

I'll bet that Aaron Cowan will kill a Romeo Zero with 1 drop test, too. Bummer. Seems the 365XL would just about be perfect otherwise.

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I have about 500 rounds through mine. I love the size of it. I did not like the feel of the factory trigger so I changed it and trigger connector.

This is my first Glock and it has taken some getting used to the trigger. I have been a DA/SA guy for most of my life. I am however getting rid of it, because I just cannot get used to the trigger. There isnothing wrong with the gun just the tool behind it :). I have dry fired a P365XL and I have less movement on the front sight than I do with my 48.

Big Flounder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2019
    Huntington
    I'm seriously considering trading in or selling my Glock 26 and buying a 48 to replace it as my EDC. Might have to look at the P365XL as well. However, as hard as I try not to be and fight the urge, I tend to be a card carrying member of the Glock Fan Boy Club of America. :rockwoot:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Might have to look at the P365XL as well.

I held one last week for the first time and I have to say it fit my hand perfectly but ended up with the standard P365 as I wanted the most compact version. Picked up my G48 earlier this year with the intentions of shooting in a Glock match at Camp Perry , maybe next year.

I can see the Glock white dot front sight much better than the SIG green dot night sight - at least at the covered range. I simply could not get a very clear sight picture with the Sig. Of course I have not picked up my new glasses yet. That would undoubtedly help.

The Glock trigger is fairly crisp to me - just heavier than I like. The SIG trigger pull weight is not bad but there is a creepy feel compared to the Glock.

I like both guns and will probably add another Glock later (G17 , G19 or G34) and maybe that P365XL too!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I wish the Sig 365XL would take a real RDS...

I do know that Suarez makes an adapter plate to put an RMR on a G48. So that plate + the new Shield Arms 15rd mags.... Nice.

Top Bottom