• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I've been looking at the Walther G22. Considering trying to find one, but mainly with my 10yr old in mind. He can should my Winchester 190, but the length of pull is still a touch long for him. Obviously the chances of finding a G22 in a shop is unlikely these days. So figured I'd ask here. How is the length of pull for the average 10yr old?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been looking at the Walther G22. Considering trying to find one, but mainly with my 10yr old in mind. He can should my Winchester 190, but the length of pull is still a touch long for him. Obviously the chances of finding a G22 in a shop is unlikely these days. So figured I'd ask here. How is the length of pull for the average 10yr old?
    It looks like the stock uses spacers that can be used to adjust the LOP, but I haven't seen what the possible lengths are.

Reactions: RCB

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Both of my sons were started with "Chipmunk" rimfire rifles around 7-8 yrs old.
    They come with a lop of 11.6 inches.
    As they expanded their shooting with 4H, NRA Junior and JROTC rimfire I cut the stock on my brothers and my annie 64 so it would fit them.

Edit...
    Yea, I cut the stock on a Anschutz #64
    Match Rifle. lol

Reactions: RCB

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I started them out on an LR308 a few years ago as it was the only thing I had with an adjustable stock :D Then to a 12 gauge (bench shooting for the most part), but now that they are shooting more, wanting something more manageable and cheaper to feed.

I didn't even want to cut the stock on my 190. Can't imagine that on the Anshutz. :D

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I started them out on an LR308 a few years ago as it was the only thing I had with an adjustable stock :D Then to a 12 gauge, but now that they are shooting more, wanting something more manageable and cheaper to feed.

I didn't even want to cut the stock on my 190. Can't imagine that on the Anshutz. :D
    Personally, I've always liked the idea of giving kids something they'll grow into rather than grow out of. Just my :twocents: though.

Top Bottom