• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    I picked this wonderful carbine up a few months ago and I thought I share a few pics with you all. It's a .22 with an 8 shot magazine. It has three power setting that average 9 ft lbs, 13 ft lbs and 16 ft. lbs. I usually keep it on it's middle power setting (13 ft. lbs) and with JSB 15.9 Exact pellets average 610 fps. The 65cc cylinder is easy to fill with my Hill foot pump, but if I use my Nomad II compressor it fills in only a few minutes. On medium power I can shoot 3 magazines before power drops off. The Ranchero comes from the factory as a pistol, but mine is in a custom Steve Corcoran stock. The Hugget moderator makes this user quiet too.
    IMG_5822.jpeg IMG_5823.jpeg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Oct 9, 2010
    That is a neat looking carbine. Would you care to expand on your experiences with the Hill foot pump?

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    That is a neat looking carbine. Would you care to expand on your experiences with the Hill foot pump?
    Thanks! I actually just sold it.

I've had three different pumps over the past ten years or so. I started with a Bejamin Discovery, which was good. Then upgraded to an AirForce pump, which was also good. However, The latest Hill pump I have is very good and it has a dry pack as well to keep air moisture down. I recommend one if you are looking for a pump.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Oct 9, 2010
    Thanks! I actually just sold it.

I've had three different pumps over the past ten years or so. I started with a Bejamin Discovery, which was good. Then upgraded to an AirForce pump, which was also good. However, The latest Hill pump I have is very good and it has a dry pack as well to keep air moisture down. I recommend one if you are looking for a pump.
    I meant which pump model...thanks.

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Thank you. I checked it out. I'm a springer guy from way back, but you have convinced me I may be able to learn a new trick.
    Happy to help. Most of my guns are springers, but I have a few pcp's as well. The foot pumps are nice if you have a gun with a small reservoir or if you don't do a lot of shooting. I just upgraded to a Benjamin Nomad II compressor to fill my bench rest rifle (which I shoot a lot).

rugertoter

Master
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I picked this wonderful carbine up a few months ago and I thought I share a few pics with you all. It's a .22 with an 8 shot magazine. It has three power setting that average 9 ft lbs, 13 ft lbs and 16 ft. lbs. I usually keep it on it's middle power setting (13 ft. lbs) and with JSB 15.9 Exact pellets average 610 fps. The 65cc cylinder is easy to fill with my Hill foot pump, but if I use my Nomad II compressor it fills in only a few minutes. On medium power I can shoot 3 magazines before power drops off. The Ranchero comes from the factory as a pistol, but mine is in a custom Steve Corcoran stock. The Hugget moderator makes this user quiet too.
    View attachment 174325 View attachment 174326
    Great looking rifle! I have a number of springers/NP/CO2 guns, but have not made the jump to a PCP yet...mainly because of having to fill the tank, and there are no scuba shops around me, not to mention the cost of a compressor. I'd love to though.

Top Bottom