• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

Right now, it looks like it's pre-order. I'm leaning towards the 30 caliber, but I won't be getting one until after September.

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I get that this outperforms my $349 Avenger but I just don't see how it $1700 outperforms it. I think FX is doing some amazing stuff, but they keep adding another $300 to the tag every model they release.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Jul 20, 2015
    I get that this outperforms my $349 Avenger but I just don't see how it $1700 outperforms it. I think FX is doing some amazing stuff, but they keep adding another $300 to the tag every model they release.
    They've figured out their market will support it (my opinion), and they are still trying to find the corners of that envelope.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    They've figured out their market will support it (my opinion), and they are still trying to find the corners of that envelope.
    Totally agree. There are many companies competing for the leisure dollar of a shooting sports person. Some will buy a $3k STI, others a decked out AR, some a high quality air rifle. Some will opt for one of each!

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I'm just a little surprised that the electronic valve stuff hasn't made it to the airguns from the paintball world. It's like difficult to find a NON electric paint marker these days, I'm shocked that Daystate is the only one I've seen in the pellet rifle world.

Mar 22, 2023
    Paris Crossing
    Well just just got information from FX last night from the Shot Show that they are coming out with a new one that will be retailing around that 1k mark they know people don’t want to drop that 2k will keep posted with picture and details.

nucular

Expert
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

I think pricing is probably in the right ballpark. I just built up a .22 for my son that is NRL22 capable - Just going with a Tikka T1x base model, KRG Bravo Chassis and Arca rail that is basically the same configuration as the panther, it cost around $1200. The air rifles do cost a little more up front but your long term ammo costs are way lower. If I had known about these before I put his rifle together, i may have gone the air route instead.

Top Bottom