LceX1SV.jpg

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    There is more truth to this than you might know.

I ended up in an extended discussion yesterday with a gentleman who is a naturalized U.S. Citizen from Greece. During our discussion which was cordial and largely agreeable regarding views on the Constitution. That opened a discussion regarding NYSRPA Vs. Bruen and Justice Thomas (and the Courts) ruling. Specifically I referred to the original Constitution and contemporary works and history elements of the text.

He was a little surprised and that opened an opportunity to whip open my copy of the Constitution, point to the BoRs Preamble and 2nd Amendment, and then refer to Justice Story's Commentaries on the Constitution, paragraphs 1000 and 1001. The gentleman's comment upon leaving was that "he was going to reread the Constitution again" on his way home. With comments suggesting he had a new found understanding of the basis and need for the 2nd Amendment.

If we could replicate that experience / epiphany about another 130 million times, this Nation would be a FAR better place.

Take every opportunity peoples. You never know when you will reach someone who will go on to reach 100.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom