Funny Political Picture Thread Part VI***Yeah it got worse.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not only were they by themselves with this double protection, but the face shield looked like a pair of polarized sunglasses.

So it wasn’t that they just didn’t take it off in between destinations, they thought it through and went out of their way to purchase something like this:

Amazon product ASIN B08YYNV7GL
    How could you tell they were wearing a mask with that face shield on?

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Is this legit? I’d be proud if it was - I used to work there back in the old partytime Mike & Tom days of the early 80s and the only politics going on then concerned flaunting laws of certain illegal substances...
    Half the places out there are saying this is the issue.

We were coming home from a trip and wanted to grab some quick food and bathroom break.

Went to McDonalds…yuck.

The dining room was closed.

I asked the drive through lady when the owners would get things back to normal.

The girl said “oh you mean about the lobby being closed? That’s because we’re so short staffed.”

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Half the places out there are saying this is the issue.

We were coming home from a trip and wanted to grab some quick food and bathroom break.

Went to McDonalds…yuck.

The dining room was closed.

I asked the drive through lady when the owners would get things back to normal.

The girl said “oh you mean about the lobby being closed? That’s because we’re so short staffed.”
    My dad was out driving for something and came across a Steak-N-Shake. Saw two cars in line and figured he would try a burger. Ordered and then started to drive to window. Noticed first car in front pulled up and parked, second waited at window.

He was there for 25 minutes total. Thought about driving off but wanted to nib as to the goings on. Girl comes to window and apologizes. She was the only person to show up that day.... THE ONLY ONE.

So she was taking orders, preparing the orders and serving the guests both inside and outside.

How crazy is that! He asked why she didn't just shut the store down and her reply was she showed up so she was going to work.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My dad was out driving for something and came across a Steak-N-Shake. Saw two cars in line and figured he would try a burger. Ordered and then started to drive to window. Noticed first car in front pulled up and parked, second waited at window.

He was there for 25 minutes total. Thought about driving off but wanted to nib as to the goings on. Girl comes to window and apologizes. She was the only person to show up that day.... THE ONLY ONE.

So she was taking orders, preparing the orders and serving the guests both inside and outside.

How crazy is that! He asked why she didn't just shut the store down and her reply was she showed up so she was going to work.

If I ran a business, I'd be asking that woman if she wanted a job.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    zNBAIma.jpg

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene

I recently stopped at the local Dollar General and found the same thing. Lady was doing everything herself because she was the only one to show up. Said you can't fire anyone for not showing up because then there would be no one to work.
    I remember back in the 1980's got laid off at a factory where I had been since the 1960's because they had no work. There were no jobs either, your work search would end at the front gate of other companies where there would be a big sign "NOT TAKING APPLICATIONS." Then If you were lucky enough to have your application accepted they probably wouldn't hire you because they knew when things picked up again you would get called back to your old job.
    You had to document at least two places you had applied for work every week. I would just write down the companies I had been to and noted the no applications sign and that was acceptable because unemployment offices knew there were no jobs. Now the .gov gives you an extra $300. a week when there are jobs everywhere. This is stupid! Jim.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I recently stopped at the local Dollar General and found the same thing. Lady was doing everything herself because she was the only one to show up. Said you can't fire anyone for not showing up because then there would be no one to work.
    I remember back in the 1980's got laid off at a factory where I had been since the 1960's because they had no work. There were no jobs either, your work search would end at the front gate of other companies where there would be a big sign "NOT TAKING APPLICATIONS." Then If you were lucky enough to have your application accepted they probably wouldn't hire you because they knew when things picked up again you would get called back to your old job.
    You had to document at least two places you had applied for work every week. I would just write down the companies I had been to and noted the no applications sign and that was acceptable because unemployment offices knew there were no jobs. Now the .gov gives you an extra $300. a week when there are jobs everywhere. This is stupid! Jim.
    When I got out of the Army in Octobe of '76 and wenthometo NJ, they paid me unemployment for two months because there were no jobs. The winter of '76/'77 wasoneof the worst ever. Resteraunts closed down because no one was going out to eat. The unemployment rate was over 8%.

That is the only time I've ever been without a job.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The only reason they're giving $300 extra a week is to create a de facto living wage law. If you want to have employees you have to pay them more than they're making sitting on their asses collecting government checks.

I had a discussion with a coworker, who was quite aware of the reason for the unemployment and is quite pleased with Biden for doing it. He makes way more than that, but thinks it's high time employers have to pay a living wage. If congress passes a law that establishes a living wage, and the president signs it, I would disagree with that law, but at least it would be following the prescribed way to enact laws.

This idea of circumventing rule of law through executive actions, just to get around having to overcome legitimate political opposition, subverts the checks and balances of power. But they're okay with that because they get what they want. And they only want that when they're the ones in power. They thought Trump was a fascist.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom