• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    Today is the grand opening for Full Metal Armory in Fort Branch, Indiana. If you are familiar with the old Right to Bear Arms location in Fort Branch then you know where these guys are located as they bought this building. This is a newer and very nice building and shooting range. Well worth checking out if you're in the area as it's right off Hwy 41.

I'm in no way affiliated with these guys and just super excited to have another gun store in town after the 2 we had closed.

Here's their website

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I wonder how cheap their prices are going to be, they were at the big sohn auction a couple of months ago, and they were buying all kinds of used guns and paying too much, by the time they paid for the gun, the buyers premium and tax (maybe they didn’t pay tax) the costs they’d have to charge for a gun should put them over priced! I went looking for a glenfield model 60, I quit bidding at 110, they paid 120, add 10% buyers premium, that makes it 132 bucks add a 10% markup that makes it $145...I wouldn’t pay over 110, now add to the fact they bought 4 of them (model 60’s)...I think a brand new model 60 (marlin) is about 150...hopefully they aren’t doing what RTBA and invest too much in the property, and hope the retail side will carry the range

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wonder how cheap their prices are going to be, they were at the big sohn auction a couple of months ago, and they were buying all kinds of used guns and paying too much, by the time they paid for the gun, the buyers premium and tax (maybe they didn’t pay tax) the costs they’d have to charge for a gun should put them over priced! I went looking for a glenfield model 60, I quit bidding at 110, they paid 120, add 10% buyers premium, that makes it 132 bucks add a 10% markup that makes it $145...I wouldn’t pay over 110, now add to the fact they bought 4 of them (model 60’s)...I think a brand new model 60 (marlin) is about 150...hopefully they aren’t doing what RTBA and invest too much in the property, and hope the retail side will carry the range
    Yeah, buying guns at auction would not be a good way to stock a gun store.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well to be fair the buyer's premium is discounted if you pay cash/check. And veru unlikely they paid tax. that was a crazy auction though.

I applaud the new owners jumping in. We have lost 3-4 gun shops (incl RTBA) in the last couple years and it will be nice to have another vendor in the market. Guess I will have to make a trip up this eekend to see it.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    200 bucks a thousand on primers!!!
    779 bucks a thousand on 223!!!
    475 bucks for 400 9mm!!!

I wish “cheaper than dirt Indiana division” all the best, but I won’t be buying there!

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Well to be fair the buyer's premium is discounted if you pay cash/check. And veru unlikely they paid tax. that was a crazy auction though.

I applaud the new owners jumping in. We have lost 3-4 gun shops (incl RTBA) in the last couple years and it will be nice to have another vendor in the market. Guess I will have to make a trip up this eekend to see it.
    Meeks went out as well?

tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    475 bucks for 400 9mm!!!

I wish “cheaper than dirt Indiana division” all the best, but I won’t be buying there!
    To be fair I know they overpaid for this stuff just to be able to get it in stock for people so I wouldn't lump them in with Cheaper than Dirt. They seem to have good prices on all of their guns and other items in the store.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    475 bucks for 400 9mm!!!

Aren’t they just doing what the majority of members said they preferred in the poll? Price items at current market prices and have them available vs. historical prices and have nothing in stock?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    475 bucks for 400 9mm!!!

I am worn out with those that can't seen to grasp the situation on the ground has changed and all the badmouthing of retailers will not change it. But make sure you vote for "empty shelves" in the poll.

Reactions: tsm

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Stopped by today, decent selection….but…

1) Guy working counter was in long BS session with customer, seemed very disinterested in me being there.
    2) Idiot he was talking with was muzzle sweeping entire shop with finger on the trigger.

Wasn’t worth waiting around for things to become confrontational, doubt I’ll ever be back.

jeaton86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Princeton
    Today is the grand opening for Full Metal Armory in Fort Branch, Indiana. If you are familiar with the old Right to Bear Arms location in Fort Branch then you know where these guys are located as they bought this building. This is a newer and very nice building and shooting range. Well worth checking out if you're in the area as it's right off Hwy 41.

I'm in no way affiliated with these guys and just super excited to have another gun store in town after the 2 we had closed.

Here's their website

The place is trash they think they are top notch and everything else is beneath them .when In reality really they are jus crooks .that “range fire “ wasn't an accident and that came from multiple firefighters on scene Watch out ! And definitely dont try to do business Jeff Meeks is a ****** waste of space .

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    The place is trash they think they are top notch and everything else is beneath them .when In reality really they are jus crooks .that “range fire “ wasn't an accident and that came from multiple firefighters on scene Watch out ! And definitely dont try to do business Jeff Meeks is a ****** waste of space .
    Guna take a wild guess and say the owners are "veterans"?? Any more, this veteran owned business modle is a turn off for me. The old over priced shop(gun town) around here in grovertown indiana was marketing on veteran status. From what i seen and read on the fb page, nothing has changed.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Guna take a wild guess and say the owners are "veterans"?? Any more, this veteran owned business modle is a turn off for me. The old over priced shop(gun town) around here in grovertown indiana was marketing on veteran status. From what i seen and read on the fb page, nothing has changed.
    One of the big problems with some small businesses are, those that have hobbies try to start a small business within that hobby and really have no F'ing idea how to actually run a small business.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    One of the big problems with some small businesses are, those that have hobbies try to start a small business within that hobby and really have no F'ing idea how to actually run a small business.
    Very well said. When i got fired from Smith farm stores (i was the head of engine warranty repairs. Only guy), later i did long time customer work at home cause thats what i loved to do, i didn't charge much at all...it's a hobby of mine. Most don't see it that way..

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Very well said. When i got fired from Smith farm stores (i was the head of engine warranty repairs. Only guy), later i did long time customer work at home cause thats what i loved to do, i didn't charge much at all...it's a hobby of mine. Most don't see it that way..
    That mindset brings us things like $20.00 transfers with firearms they may already have in stock or easily can order for the customer and make $50.00 to $1,000 on. Instead they make the worthless transfer fee. And then in a few short years all of the local gun stores are making $20 to $40 dollars on a gun that is transferred or sold. Look no farther than the stores in Anderson.
    So then in order to continue being in business they have to sell or transfer 5,000 plus firearms each year to stay afloat.

Top Bottom