Not open for further replies.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    By Alpo "
    "Many people who visit fora are armchair warriors, never leaving the boundaries of their homes (or mom's basement) to actually fight for their country and it's principles of liberty. We normally call them trolls and this thread is symptomatic of that identifier. Most neocons are cowards. Proven fact."

Three times I offered to meet with Alpo, yet he has failed to agree. Why?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's fine to reply and refute a disagreeable post. And that one is pretty disagreeable. Probably shouldn't create a thread calling someone out.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I think it's fine to reply and refute a disagreeable post. And that one is pretty disagreeable. Probably shouldn't create a thread calling someone out.

You're right, Alpo called me and others out, but is not willing to carry thru. Don't want to fight or any of that nonsense, but I'm no coward either.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The subject poster is never loathe to tickle the ivories of his Commando Keyboard...I'm sure his comments will be forthcoming.

:popcorn:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

This won't end well...

Making new threads for the sole purpose of calling out another member out is not in good taste. This is an Internet forum, not the WWE.

IBTL
    Come on folks it is ​Alpo, You can find him under the bridge.

I removed the excrement imogee before posting. Give me a little slack, Please.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Some people lack the courage to show up and meet people in person after running their mouths online. They talk a big story and then slink off and hide under their bridges.

As for me, I show up to meet and eats occasionally and I'll stand behind anything I say online in person, to anyone who shows up.

All of that said, I've been infracted in the past for saying I would say the same thing in person that I say online in answer to a specific member who said almost the exact same thing as Alpo.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Who cares? So a guy on the Internet "called you out". Why would you want to meet up? No one ever said something here that drove me to desire a meet. Why would it? It IS the internet afterall, it's not real life...thank goodness.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Working.

This isn't a dating service so I feel no need to link up physically with anyone from this forum.

I guess the hot button is calling "most neocons cowards". I'll stand behind that from a political standpoint. Perhaps another way to say it is that neoconservative view of continuous war is hypocritical and at the expense of "other people's children". The major neocon opinio writers today have generally failed to participate in our Armed Services. Granted, prior to 2000 we weren't in a state of perpetual war and much of that service could be viewed as "peacetime service" (generally 1975 through 1990).

The American Conservative said this:
    The “neocons” believe American greatness is measured by our willingness to be a great power—through vast and virtually unlimited global military involvement. Other nations’ problems invariably become our own because history and fate have designated America the world’s top authority.

The Neocons have spent as much time tearing down any reluctant followers in the republican party as the democrats. Chuck Hegel was smeared by the neocon media machine. There have been many others smeared by Frum, Kristol, Krauthammer, Klein, etc. Looking at the absence of service records for most of them it gives me heartburn.

We can argue about whether the USA ought to be in a continuous state of war, or whether we've defined our national interest so broad that any event greater than the flex of a butterflies wing is now in our national interest and requires a "classified" document rating.

The neoconservative movement started in the democratic party in the 1960's, primarily among pro-Israel democratic hawks. They've subsequently moved into the republican arena. As far as I know, they are not the majority view of republican ideologues.

In summary, if you are a neocon, I do not admire your ideology, particularly as it relates to sending other people's children into combat in wars with dubious objectives. And while we declared victory in May 2003 in Iraq, we didn't knock the dust off our BDU's and come home. The neocons want us to stay there forever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom