• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    And it doesnt help that there are two versions of these: a plastic one and a kydex(?) one. The more expensive version isnt prone to being ripped off the belt. But they dont really differentiate between the models. You just see one is cheaper than the other. I think they may list a difference in materials, but there is no clarification why you would want each one. (the answer is neither, but due to the release)

Though I do have to ask this question after hearing stories like these. How would you not want to curb stomp your instructor for destroying your stuff? I cant imagine how furious those students would be to have their instructor destroy their property on purpose.
    I guess it depends on the Instructor. I have seen some folks pay money for that ex Delta or Spec Ops “instructor” just to hang around and hear cool stories for an afternoon.

Then I have seen legitimize humble down to earth former Delta guys that do a proper knowledge dump and aren’t into the business for male groupies and Bromance

So there could be that factor

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    How would you not want to curb stomp your instructor for destroying your stuff? I cant imagine how furious those students would be to have their instructor destroy their property on purpose.
    A couple of perspectives on that:

1. If my stuff is junk, I'd rather find out about it in a class so it doesn't fail me later in real life. So yeah, my crappy holster is busted, but at least I'm not standing there looking at a bad guy holding my gun and my holster. I've seen it happen to guys in training, and it's an awful feeling but it often teaches the lesson effectively and drives the point home when simply telling them won't cut it.

2. Agency training isn't the same as private training. A lot of the stuff is issued. If that's the case and it gets busted, I take it, show the boss, and tell him I need a new one, and by the way we need to stop buying this crap because this is what can happen (thankfully not a common occurence). If it was a personal purchase item, that guy can probably use his uniform allowance to replace it.

Sometimes people still get butthurt...I still say butthurt is better than dead.

Also, a Serpa costs less than a box of ammo these days...so there's that.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I've seen at least one (maybe two :scratch:) get locked up in classes. Took tools to carefully get the loaded guns out of the holster.
    Yep I have locked up several serpas in dirt mud and snow. I'm not worried about guys tex grebnering themselves I'm worried about a good guy getting locked out in a bad situation.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Though I do have to ask this question after hearing stories like these. How would you not want to curb stomp your instructor for destroying your stuff? I cant imagine how furious those students would be to have their instructor destroy their property on purpose.

Trainees know exactly what they are doing when they sign up for hands on force on force classes.

Everyone should do it to learn what will work and won't vs what they think or have been advertised.

:twocents:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Trainees know exactly what they are doing when they sign up for hands on force on force classes.

Everyone should do it to learn what will work and won't vs what they think or have been advertised.

:twocents:
    Right. but its one thing for an instructor to say "that item is junk. It can break easily". Its entirely something different to purposefully destroy the item to demonstrate.

I guess the mentality is you are supposed to say "Gee wiz, thanks for saving me, mister! "? Just seems a bit over the top IMHO. Its no different than an edged instructor TELLING you your model knife has a weakness in the blade vs taking it from you and snapping the blade off in front of you.

Or maybe no instructors are doing it and we have only seen youtube demos where the student knew they were about to destroy his stuff and had already picked out a new holster. :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Right. but its one thing for an instructor to say "that item is junk. It can break easily". Its entirely something different to purposefully destroy the item to demonstrate.

I guess the mentality is you are supposed to say "Gee wiz, thanks for saving me, mister! "? Just seems a bit over the top IMHO. Its no different than an edged instructor TELLING you your model knife has a weakness in the blade vs taking it from you and snapping the blade off in front of you.

Or maybe no instructors are doing it and we have only seen youtube demos where the student knew they were about to destroy his stuff and had already picked out a new holster. :dunno:

No one in a class, let alone an instructor, will go hands on you or your gear without permission. This kind if thing does not happen as a surprise.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Though I do have to ask this question after hearing stories like these. How would you not want to curb stomp your instructor for destroying your stuff? I cant imagine how furious those students would be to have their instructor destroy their property on purpose.

I assumed this was training for PDs, which is a little different.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    No one in a class, let alone an instructor, will go hands on you or your gear without permission. This kind if thing does not happen as a surprise.

Um, well, you would think so.

ETA, I can't believe this is still a thing. After all the years of this faulty design, all the problems, all the agencies and trainers that have banned them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Um, well, you would think so.

ETA, I can't believe this is still a thing. After all the years of this faulty design, all the problems, all the agencies and trainers that have banned them.
    Im surprised nobody has tried to sue them.

Top Bottom