Friendship meet, good place to shop for a muzzleloader?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Been on the lookout for a 20 gauge flintlock trade gun. How's the market been at Friendship the last year or two? Are there actual deals on secondhand guns, or am I better off sticking to GB?

Could probably spend $800 or so. Not quite enough to get into Pedersoli, but I'm wondering about some older builds.

Also, are there shooting activities at Friendship? What does that generally look like? I've got a .50 flintlock rifle and a couple of cap and ball revolvers.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Been on the lookout for a 20 gauge flintlock trade gun. How's the market been at Friendship the last year or two? Are there actual deals on secondhand guns, or am I better off sticking to GB?

Could probably spend $800 or so. Not quite enough to get into Pedersoli, but I'm wondering about some older builds.

Also, are there shooting activities at Friendship? What does that generally look like? I've got a .50 flintlock rifle and a couple of cap and ball revolvers.
    I am also in the market and hoping to find a deal (not looking for anything specific any long gun from the revolutionary war era will do) . Also hoping the meet is as family friendly as I have been led to believe lol

Hunter58

Plinker
    Jun 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Date and where?
    Spring shoot, June 11th - 19th
    Fall shoot, September 10th -18th
    Friendship Indiana

If your looking to purchase, the first day of each shoot, I always found to be the best days. Don’t forget to check out the flea market on each end of town, guns there for sale too.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Years ago I took my kids there on a trip with my parents, who organized the plans and had the camper. Enjoyed learning and buying a muzzleloader for my son, which eventually led to him shooting junior trap for a couple years. We also got involved in the tomahawk throws, and my kids and I enjoyed it again at home with a target we set up. Good memories of being there with people willing to help kids learn. I should plan to revisit the area again in our travels.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    As stated above, the first day is best, my son and I went on a Monday, and a lot of the vendors were closed, or gone, weekends get the most traffic, good luck..

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Went there last year, got a single shot BP pistol, and some percussion caps.I got to show my son where I spent some of my youth. We'd go there for the entire week, both meets, and shoot and run the grounds...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I puttered around for half the day. Found a powder horn I liked and some other odds and ends on the list. Found some 3F pyrodex that I needed, but you were out of luck on black powder if you didn't bring your own.

Super cool guns on display. Jim Chambers was there (he was dozing off in his own booth). Lots of round balls and every accoutrement you could want. DGW and Log Cabin Shop had booths.

Flea market was sprawling and crowded. All the gas station knives and tacky flags you could want. Picked up a general purpose blanket, laughed at a 3D printer that was marked property of some community college or tech school, and that was about it.

I got there pretty early so parking wasn't too bad, but it was a disaster by the time I left. Cars lined up all the way through town and then well out of town. All waiting for the same single parking entrance and single booth and single parking attendant who was older than the pyramids.

Cool experience. I wasn't really in a position to shoot this time, but maybe another year.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Got the bright idea to buy a new(er) camper from walnut ridge yesterday after work, drive it home, pack it, set the hitch up properly, and head to friendship. Evidently walnut ridge thought I was impertinent for wanting to skip their orientation, and hadn't yet bothered to inspect the camper I was looking at, on their sales lot, with a sales lady, and wouldn't warranty it without said inspection. So process won over selling, and I wasted my evening. Of course, said salesperson called at 9 this morning, while I was hitching up the old beater, to blather at me. Once I got here, and sat through the eternal traffic back up, I found I was the last member of the gang to arrive. Primitive looks a little sparse, but one of the vendors brought his old trail horse, and he's a sweetie. Can't wait to see the sheepsheds.

Top Bottom