• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I only tried to deal with H&H once, they low balled me on my trade and high balled me on the intended purchase, I walked.
    I've used the range a half dozen times. It is decent compared to a lot of indoor ranges. Don't like the cost but Insurance costs probably justifies. I haven't been in there since the change in management.
    It is still 1/2 H&H I hear, so I'm thinking it's only 1/2 better.
    When the snow flies and I can't shoot outdoors anymore I'll find out.

andyoz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    North Central
    I've been there twice and not impressed at all, most recently was this past weekend. Made 2 trips around the store and was never acknowledged after browsing in and over the counters. Just my 2 cents.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I have been to SC and FF many times and as a rule the service was good. Same for that matter at Ranger Co. I am quick to walk out of a place if the service is bad or rude and though I have probably not met every employee at each location my overall experience has been positive.

The experience the OP had would certainly have annoyed me as well but fortunately that has not been my experience there. Of course I have kind of an ironical sense of humor so I think sometimes I am not as quick to judge people's reason for laughing. You never know what brought that up. Maybe you are the umpteenth person to ask for that in the last couple hours and the store only bought one for inventory and he found that funny? Who knows. Or maybe he was just rude. Who knows.

I won't go back to businesses which have been rude to me, but business is business; if I can get a better deal at a place with mediocre service I'll still shop there for most things.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    H&H Is 2 owners ago. I was there last week, Greeted asked if I could be helped, Looked for what I wanted, they were out but will be in next week. I wondered around and the owner was stocking racks, he made small talk when I walked by. Just like it should be!

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    H&H/Freedom

I did not deal with H&H much before ownership changed hands aside from using the range a couple of times and buying my son a Mossberg .22.

I have yet to purchase a handgun from Freedom, though I have bought holsters, ammunition, etc.

I think I know which employee you are referring to and I have not really noticed an attitude. Then again, when I walk in (which is about once a week) I scan the place and greet the employees as soon as there is eye contact. While it is not my job to make myself "welcome" in their place of business, I can definitely help set the tone by taking the initiative to be cordial with them. Tim is the only employee I remember by name and I always greet him by name. The rest of them recognize me and tend to know I am headed to the range. Usually before heading back i ask who is manning the range so I can buy some targets without waiting long. Give a little. Take a little.

Just my :twocents:

I never had enough $$$ to buy anything from H&H....

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I haven't been in the store since it changed owners, but this clerk, is/was, I think the same guy that had a target hung in the middle lane of the "A" range @ 10 yards (the one next to the outside door). He would run in, draw and do a double or triple tap, re-holster and go back to the sales floor. Stocky, Short Blond hair. Rude....

Sounds like I've met him

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I haven't seen any posts about Freedom Firearms since the Sandy Hook Panic started. So let me be the first....

I went in the other day and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Walls of long guns and display cases that were nearly full!! I was all atwitter at the possibilities. I was thinking of another 1911, probably a commander sized Kimber. Possibly another tactical 5"... The only thing I was sure of was that I was about add another pistol to the safe!

Then I start checking pricing & inventory and it all becomes very clear as to why they have so many guns in-stock... The prices were higher than giraffe.... They were shockingly high.

I'll give a few examples.
    XDM 9C $779 my wife just bought the same from ZX in Jan for $569
    Para Black Ops 5" $1349 Wrigley Guns on Lima Rd $1129
    Sig 1911 Nightmare 5" $1249 Wrigley Guns $989
    Sig
    Kimbers were listed over the MSRP listed on Kimbers website.

Sadly, I left and bought a Kimber Crimson Carry Ultra II from Ed Hirschey... And I really don't care for that guy, but he had it in stock and he was reasonably priced.

FYI Freedom Firearms is owned by Keith Busse (the guy who owns SDI & one of the founders of Tower Bank) and run by his daughter.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Agreed...They have a bundle of guns there, but my perception is that they were too much too high. They did ask if they could help me and were very polite. Just not where I care to shop due to the prices.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Freedom Firearms is Fort Wayne's version of Don's Guns with their pricing on firearms. The only thing I have bought from there are holsters, magazines, and one of those Nebo flashlights. Never purchased a firearm in like eight or nine visits. Laughed to myself quite a bit. Marc has no personality and even less people skills, one of the women was a total biatch to me once while using the range (my first and last time), all the rest are fine. In my opinion Matt is probably the best one there. He has always been very professional to me and others while in there.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    Someone ought to email it to them! The service was so bad when it was HH After a few purchases I just stopped going and haven't been back in since April 2009. I've heard good things bout some of the changes that have happened, but as long as I know the same employees are there I have no intention of going back in the future. Would it be more convenient to shop there, sure. However, I have spent the last 3 years plus having my needs met elsewhere so why bother...
    I miss H & H like I'd miss a boil on my hind end.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    I walked in last December & they had a used 3" S&W Mod. 60 in the case. I asked to see it & bought it. I was out of there in less than 20 minutes with the paperwork all done & a box of ammunition to go with the revolver. A couple of months later, I walked in searching for ammunition. They had no .357 Mag nor .38 Spl. ammo on the shelf but they did go back to the range & sold me a box of ammunition from there. I do appreciate that.

Top Bottom