• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Soooooo, they seem to be a much nicer shop than before with the new shop interior, more inventory, better staff (mostly), and a new attitude.

Well, I went in there Thursday and asked about the new M&P9 Shield. The salesperson acted like he was the manager but I do not know if he is. Stocky, short blonde hair guy. He said that the Shield was on order and supposed to come in tomorrow (Friday). I said, are they spoken for yet? He said no. I asked if I could just buy it outright to reserve it. He said no and he was not polite about it.:rolleyes: I thought, no big deal, almost every gunshop has a resident idiot. I further asked if he knew when their UPS shipment arrives usually. He said no, again, in a very terse tone. I apologized for "bothering" him and told him I have been waiting for this pistol and am trying to give them the business. He walked away without even glancing back.:n00b::rolleyes:

The next day I came in at 1pm Friday. I saw the same salesguy and asked if the Shield had arrived. He barked "It's gone", laughed, and walked away from me wihtout another word.

If anyone at Freedom is reading this, you can only crap on your clientele so many times before they give up and never enter you store again. I'll bet if I sent a letter to the owner your job would hang by a thread. He is spending a ton of money making a go of that store and you are squandering it.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Yeah, I wasn't impressed. The inventory is up, but the sales people are still down. I have only been in once, but I was looking. I found what I was looking for and waited at the counter... no one even bothered asking if I needed help. Just walked past and ignored me. They will not be getting anymore of my money, I won't even go there for the range anymore.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This story reminds me of a certain shop which has been out of business for several years now. These people had a lot of name recognition and inertia working for them, along with a strong sense of entitlement, and it took several years for their behavior to catch up with them, but nevertheless, they are gone. I would anticipate that if in the case of this Ft.Wayne store they are good candidates for having the same experience, especially if this is their new and improved incarnation presumably brought about by the obvious market forces.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Soooooo, they seem to be a much nicer shop than before with the new shop interior, more inventory, better staff (mostly), and a new attitude.

Well, I went in there Thursday and asked about the new M&P9 Shield. The salesperson acted like he was the manager but I do not know if he is. Stocky, short blonde hair guy. He said that the Shield was on order and supposed to come in tomorrow (Friday). I said, are they spoken for yet? He said no. I asked if I could just buy it outright to reserve it. He said no and he was not polite about it.:rolleyes: I thought, no big deal, almost every gunshop has a resident idiot. I further asked if he knew when their UPS shipment arrives usually. He said no, again, in a very terse tone. I apologized for "bothering" him and told him I have been waiting for this pistol and am trying to give them the business. He walked away without even glancing back.:n00b::rolleyes:

The next day I came in at 1pm Friday. I saw the same salesguy and asked if the Shield had arrived. He barked "It's gone", laughed, and walked away from me wihtout another word.

If anyone at Freedom is reading this, you can only crap on your clientele so many times before they give up and never enter you store again. I'll bet if I sent a letter to the owner your job would hang by a thread. He is spending a ton of money making a go of that store and you are squandering it.

I have bought a few guns at Freedom firearms and a couple when it was H H firearms. I know the guy you are talking about and he is always like that. he seems like a jerk. I have dealt with 3-4 other guys there and they were great! I hope he wises up before he hurts business. I do really like the improved selection they got. I stopped into sniper company and they were all like that rude guy.

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have bought a few guns at Freedom firearms and a couple when it was H H firearms. I know the guy you are talking about and he is always like that. he seems like a jerk. I have dealt with 3-4 other guys there and they were great! I hope he wises up before he hurts business. I do really like the improved selection they got. I stopped into sniper company and they were all like that rude guy.

I am a satisfied sniperco customer. they never fail to ask politely if I need anything when browsing aisles and would leave me alone after telling them that. Very enthusiastic when showing firearms( sometimes can talk too much!LOL). They have told me once to point above the redline when aiming which I think is a good practice.

I also have not had a bad experience with freedom or when it was HH. I will admit that the guy you were referring has never waited on me. If he is even slightly arrogant, It will hurt that shop.

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    It amazes me what some emplyees? do behind the back of the owner. He is just putting in his time waiting for "5 o'clock" so he can get out of there and probably go home to the place he rents and beat up his girlfriend..hell maybe he doesn't even have one.. Not sure if you can teach ownership mentality. I hope the owner reads the post.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    It amazes me what some emplyees? do behind the back of the owner. He is just putting in his time waiting for "5 o'clock" so he can get out of there and probably go home to the place he rents and beat up his girlfriend..hell maybe he doesn't even have one.. Not sure if you can teach ownership mentality. I hope the owner reads the post.

Someone ought to email it to them! The service was so bad when it was HH After a few purchases I just stopped going and haven't been back in since April 2009. I've heard good things bout some of the changes that have happened, but as long as I know the same employees are there I have no intention of going back in the future. Would it be more convenient to shop there, sure. However, I have spent the last 3 years plus having my needs met elsewhere so why bother...

imjammin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've bought a couple guns at Freedom since they've changed, and it was agood experience on both occasions.
    There selection is the best in Fort Wayne.They now stock powder and primers.
    The workers have been very helpful andprofessional, even when I am there just looking. I also like that they have anindoor range.
    Over all I am very pleased with the "new" store.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I did not deal with H&H much before ownership changed hands aside from using the range a couple of times and buying my son a Mossberg .22.

I have yet to purchase a handgun from Freedom, though I have bought holsters, ammunition, etc.

I think I know which employee you are referring to and I have not really noticed an attitude. Then again, when I walk in (which is about once a week) I scan the place and greet the employees as soon as there is eye contact. While it is not my job to make myself "welcome" in their place of business, I can definitely help set the tone by taking the initiative to be cordial with them. Tim is the only employee I remember by name and I always greet him by name. The rest of them recognize me and tend to know I am headed to the range. Usually before heading back i ask who is manning the range so I can buy some targets without waiting long. Give a little. Take a little.

Just my :twocents:

walkercolt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    I work with Aaron on his day job, I think he just works part time / weekends at Freedom. He's really a good guy in my experience. He's not the employee in question, I don't think I know him.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I've been into Freedom a couple of times. My only complaint has been the prices. I've been asked if I could be helped on both occasions.

I stopped in today, in fact after work. I have a summer cold, and wouldn't you know it, the minute I walked in the door my eyes started to tear up and my nose began to run. I was asked if I could be helped again, and I told the guy I didn't want to get too close to anyone. I want to get back to my M&P 9c again, and my 22A. I looked at the prices, they were a bit high, and I apologized for not being able to stay due to my cold. He wished me a "hope you feel better" and I left.

Much improved over the H&H days, the store looks really nice. I used to stop in after work at H&H to check prices, and I was appalled at the conversations I heard from the "gun store rangers" ... Perception is truth in retail.

I didn't need too much in the way of help, really ever because I always did my homework here on the forum before seriously looking for any gun. I more used H&H as an earmark for the price I didn't need to pay.

rartuin270

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Over the past few weeks I have been to Freedom 3 times and I have not been disappointed. I have talked with Tim, Matt, and Brad and they are all knowledgeable and friendly. I was always greeted as soon as I walked in. So far so good. I do want to check out SniperCo eventually too. Different places have different things and I like to shop around.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I have been in there once since it changed hands. Spoke to Matt, he was very helpfull. Nice store with a good selection. I'll go back. As for dealing with a jag-off salesperson, ask for the Manager and explain your experiance. If managment can't make you happy, post it on here. If the manager isin's aware he has a problem he can't fix it.

Top Bottom