Be advised:

FCPMP_dXsAcsNEq

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Dang it! My youngest son is too young and my younger daughter is the right age doesn't care about guns at all. The other kids are fully "legal". I may know someone{s}, though.

I get the "18 and 19" thing though as a 20 year old will age out and the case go moot before anything is decided.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Dang it! My youngest son is too young and my younger daughter is the right age doesn't care about guns at all. The other kids are fully "legal". I may know someone{s}, though.

I get the "18 and 19" thing though as a 20 year old will age out and the case go moot before anything is decided.
    I'm not sure how old your youngest son is, but they have been looking for participants for over a year now. So if this continues on he may be of age.

It is actually concerning to me that they are still searching for people after this long, but then again I know absolutely squat about the process.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Yes, I have a platoon to pick from but, 1: they are in PA, 2. all already own handguns.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Which is ridiculous. Isnt the point of a lawsuit that makes it to SCOTUS to set precedent to benefit the whole of society? If not, why didnt Roe get to have the abortion and everyone else had to sue as well to get theirs?

In this case the aging out part is BS. So if they always drag their feet and take at least 3 years to run it through the courts using that "plaintiff no longer has standing" bs, 18-20YOs will never get a ruling in their favor.

EDIT: And given the recent history, can they use the last case as a reason to fast track/emergency hearing on the basis of aging out? Kinda like medical cases?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No "advisory opinions". We need is real "case or controversy". There is room for differences of opinion on this, but personally, I like a federal judiciary who doesn't deal in hypotheticals. That will be inefficient at times, but I think is more good than bad.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My son is 19, and has 2 handguns, and 2 rifles, and a shotgun......is that a low number? Oh, and he has his LTCH....but is still PO'd that he can't but a handgun on his own...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The state shall issue ltch to 18yo. But said 18yo cannot purchase a handgun. Does the state believe 18yo's are going edc a long gun? The juxtapose between legally owning/ carrying but not legally able to purchase surely must be fixed. My oldest is 17. Maybe they'll still be looking for litigants next year. He meets all other requirements.

Top Bottom