Not open for further replies.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I had a link but it has a risky medical picture in it. You can also starve the brain for oxygen by compressing the blood vessels in the neck.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm just going to address multiple points without multi-quoting.

There's definitely not enough evidence at this point to charge Murder. Feels based charging leading to acquittals (might as well call it the Zimmerman) is something Minneapolis already knows about from their last feels based charging of an officer. If you're actually against tyranny support the rule of law not your feels.

The skull is not the neck. Your trachea doesn't run through your ear. However I'll go ahead and say the autopsy results will not show any damage to the trachea and that occlusion of the trachea will not be the cause of death.

I will also predict that the toxicology report will be consistent with excited delirium cases.

I will also predict that excited delirium and positional asphyxiation are going to be hot topics in Minneapolis for awhile. This is not new information. You don't hold people down on their stomachs. Once control has been established, you sit them up or lay them on their side. This guy was obviously not fighting any longer, and I can't think of any valid reason I would accept as to why he still needed to be held down, why he was not put into the "recovery position" or into a seated position, and how many different ways they violated their own training and procedures. I don't know, but I bet that's also the reason for the swift firing. Failure to follow procedures, not a criminal act (although that doesn't preclude criminal charges as more information comes to light).

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    There's a YouTube video. Search George Floyd.
    I posted it but thought it was in bad taste here because he dies in the video.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll say what I said on another forum. That's going to end up as a case study on what not to do.

Like casually putting your hands in your pockets so you look cool? In my mind, that doesnt look good. AT ALL. I'm generally pro police, but if you are sitting there with your knee on the neck of a handcuffed perp, smiling with your hands casually in your pockets, that right there is douchebag activity showing off. The optics are not good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Just saying that these high publicity, emotionally charged incidents do a lot of harm to the image of police everywhere (wrongly) just as people doing stupid **** with guns and little kids dying because of it (again, high publicity, emotionally charged) does a lot of harm to the gun owning community. Neither situation is representative of either group, but they give the SJW's and anti-gunners ammo for their disinformation campaigns.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Look up "constricted airflow " and get back to me.
    I looked it up. The ductwork in my house appears fine.

Not defending bad police work, but if someone is talking, they can breath just like if someone is coughing, they are not choking in the sense they can't breathe. It is biology.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Not defending bad police work, but if someone is talking, they can breath just like if someone is coughing, they are not choking in the sense they can't breathe. It is biology.
    Yet he is dead...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Please explain that to my MIL. About once a year she's "dying while choking on food" all the time telling us she "can't breath" and somebody needs to do that heinilick proceedure. Panic is her problem. It's been going on so long it's become comedy.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I was mad when I first saw the video. Not hang them mad. I still have trouble understanding how you can be choked from the back of the neck. If the guy didn't die, we wouldn't be talking about it. The cause of death should clear things up. The guy was pleading for air and it was smugly ignored while continuing this technique. The optics are bad for this one.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Sometimes when things happen...

For a while now I've been about halfway expecting to see provocateur action for cranking up race problems for political purposes. This doesn't look like it was that but I've got the feeling that's on the way.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Just saying that these high publicity, emotionally charged incidents do a lot of harm to the image of police everywhere (wrongly) just as people doing stupid **** with guns and little kids dying because of it (again, high publicity, emotionally charged) does a lot of harm to the gun owning community. Neither situation is representative of either group, but they give the SJW's and anti-gunners ammo for their disinformation campaigns.

Well said and I agree 100%.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I still have trouble understanding how you can be choked from the back of the neck.

That's why I said what I said about the autopsy. I strongly doubt choking will be the cause of death. Excited delirium and/or positional asphyxiation will be. A simplified way to understand it is that in the same way adrenaline can let you overcome your body's natural resistance to self-injury by overtaxing your muscles (letting you exceed your normal strength but at the cost of damage to your muscles), certain drugs do the same thing. You overtax yourself through exertion to the point your cardio-vascular system muscles get too tired/damaged to keep going, your diaphragm stops, your heart stops, whatever. Ordinarily we pass out before we can do that much damage to ourselves. The drugs override that.

That's why you don't leave them on their stomach, it makes those muscles have to work harder then if they are sitting or on their side. For healthy and sober people, it's not an issue. For people on the edge of excited delirium, it can be what pushes them over the edge. I strongly suspect that guy would have died even if they'd just left him laying on his stomach with nobody touching him. Maybe even if he'd never had any interaction with the police at all, at which time it'd just be another overdose death and nobody would ever hear about it or care.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Disclaimer: I haven’t read every post on this thread.

I would give law enforcement any means necessary to restrain and control until subdued an individual who is combative. However, I can’t get comfortable with multiple officers “restraining” an individual once he/she is on the ground and cuffed. In this case, reportedly, one of the officers had his knee on the guys neck for over seven minutes. If the perp is cuffed what’s the purpose/need for the physical restraint seen in the video.

I’m not buying the “ I feared for my life” assertion here.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I wasn't there so I'm staying out of the "right or wrong". But I do think trashing your own city due this incident is rather idiotic. The weather forecast looks nice tonight in Minneapolis, I expect tons of damage to the city. Sadly, I'm sure there are caravans of agitators enroute.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Disclaimer: I haven’t read every post on this thread.

I would give law enforcement any means necessary to restrain and control until subdued an individual who is combative. However, I can’t get comfortable with multiple officers “restraining” an individual once he/she is on the ground and cuffed. In this case, reportedly, one of the officers had his knee on the guys neck for over seven minutes. If the perp is cuffed what’s the purpose/need for the physical restraint seen in the video.

I’m not buying the “ I feared for my life” assertion here.

Especially in this case I would agree the video appears to show that any resistance that would justify further restraint had stopped. Once the person is in custody their care becomes the responsibility of LE to help keep them safe.

From my perspective there was failure to follow training. I have to question why another officer didn't attempt to get the kneeling officer to back off and roll the suspect over or sit him up. Heck make an attempt to do the right thing...even if you have to lean in and say 'bro ease up they are video taping you'. Even if he wasn't shutting off his own actions there appears to have been enough LE to get the guy to stand down and de escalate the situation. But nobody did that..even after the suspect clearly went limp. Again my perspective is knowing everyone has a video camera covering you partners six may require you to get someone else on scene to back off. In turn it may lessen the long term impact it may have on you and your career.

I fully support LE, and try to understand why certain things are done the way they are done. But this one looks real bad on the surface

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom