• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cause or contribute...what does the charge specify? Pretty sure it isn't cause.
    For M2 it has to be proven that Chauvin assaulted Floyd. It also must be proven that Chauvin caused the death (but not necessarily intentionally) of Floyd.

For M3 it must be proven that Chauvin caused the death AND with depraved mind.

Reasonable doubt on all of that. The Jury got those two wrong. I mean, the Jury’s instructions were posted here. You could read them.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, sort of by definition, isn't that what the jury did? Determined beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin did what he was accused of.
    They determined beyond their own doubt. But there is reasonable doubt on several of the requirements for M2 and M3.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For M2 it has to be proven that Chauvin assaulted Floyd. It also must be proven that Chauvin caused the death (but not necessarily intentionally) of Floyd.

For M3 it must be proven that Chauvin caused the death AND with depraved mind.

Reasonable doubt on all of that. The Jury got those two wrong. I mean, the Jury’s instructions were posted here. You could read them.
    Just as long you're clear this is an opinion, I have no objection.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you have no objection to anything else that he said then why is it so objectionable for him to say that the jury got it wrong? Do you object to him saying that there was reasonable doubt? Because if there was then that suggests the jury got it wrong on those two counts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you have no objection to anything else that he said then why is it so objectionable for him to say that the jury got it wrong? Do you object to him saying that there was reasonable doubt? Because if there was then that suggests the jury got it wrong on those two counts.
    I disagree with the opinion, but recognize he’s entitled to one.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm curious why that needs to be said. I believe it's reasonable to doubt that Chauvin's actual restraint caused Floyd's death. I assume that you don't think it's reasonable to doubt it. Of course that's an opinion also.

But anyway, I guess I'm glad you don't object to my opinion? Should I be relieved?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm curious why that needs to be said. I believe it's reasonable to doubt that Chauvin's actual restraint caused Floyd's death. I assume that you don't think it's reasonable to doubt it. Of course that's an opinion also.

But anyway, I guess I'm glad you don't object to my opinion? Should I be relieved?
    I believe that will not be how it plays out. As in the case of the election lawsuits, those who favor the outcome of either legal proceeding will state that it IS NOT an opinion because that is how the courts/juries decided the issue - as if a miscarriage of justice is never possible

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree with the opinion, but recognize he’s entitled to one.
    I guess since we're all acknowledging that we're not objecting to people having an opinion. So I don't object to yours?

I'm just astonished that we didn't bother to ask for each other's permission first. If that's the protocol.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe that will not be how it plays out. As in the case of the election lawsuits, those who favor the outcome of either legal proceeding will state that it IS NOT an opinion because that is how the courts/juries decided the issue - as if a miscarriage of justice is never possible

Personal foul! This is obviously an opinion. You did not ask me if I objected before rendering an opinion!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The government was already planning to abrogate many of his legal rights. Guantanamo is where you go for that, .gov doesn't even have to let you see a lawyer if they don't want to

I figured they would Epstein him to prevent him from possibly killing a black inmate in jail and starting this process over again. You're right, Guantanamo would prevent this as well. He's become a symbol that leadership has to do away with or make disappear, quietly.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I think the Judges own INTENTIONAL actions will play heavy in the appeal. Chauvin gets his appeal.The Racebaiters get an encore.
    We can't let the fires burnout this soon.

And now the latest brother BORROWING a car because he had a previous appointment to get his life back together.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think the Judges own INTENTIONAL actions will play heavy in the appeal.

And now the latest brother BORROWING a car because he had a previous appointment to get his life back together.

I think they'll be okay, Rock Islands too small I don't think they even have a target, some Dollar General's might be in danger though.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Wonder if they would have taken him to the MCC in New York or some other similar place.
    Yes, so then, our judicial system isn`t really sufficient. Had he been found innocent, or perhaps, not "guilty enough" by a jury, the feds were going to rush in to right the wrongs...NOT how it`s supposed to work in American jurisprudence...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom