Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    If he’s guilty then convict him. If not, don’t complain that justice wasn’t served. It’s the best system we have.
    But they`re already bitching because they want a murder charge and are unhappy with the manslaughter charge. They need to try to understand what each charge means and accept that murder is not an applicable charge here.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Turn all the teenagers loose on the street just in time for rioting, what could go wrong?

I'm still not ready to bet on any outcome, but IMO it comes down to the jury's fear of being murdered or having their homes torched in retaliation for not convicting. There is abundant reasonable doubt, but they've all been doxxed by NYT and know they are going to be targeted. Will a couple of them stick to their guns and hang the jury, or will they all decide to save their own skins?
    I know what I would do but I am well aware that I generally don't fit with the crowd.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't think it has ever been easier to predict riots. All cities have had plenty of time to prepare so now everybody can see what their city does about preparation, limiting damage or supporting/encouraging the riots.
    Exactly. Back when, riots were spontaneous and unpredictable. Now, you can set your watch by them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I`ve never been in a high-stress situation like that. I pray I never am. I`ve never been shot at, never been charged by someone with a weapon, never been knifed.

Look, I am typically as hard on police as anyone when they`ve clearly crossed the line and committed a criminal act. And yes, that happens, and it happens more than we know. However, when police are beat down for using the necessary level of force against those who intend to do them harm, it`s inappropriate to play Monday morning quarterback.

Look for the video of the New Mexico Officer who just recently was shot and killed by a guy he pulled over for a routine traffic stop. This animal gunned the officer down, and then reportedly, walked up and put one more shot in the head as the officer lay on the ground dying.

I`m going to commonly support law enforcement, and especially when someone resists, because once the situation escalates, law enforcement has the right, I believe, to stop the escalation as quickly as possible and by the appropriate level of force.
    I can be hard on police, if I think they are in the wrong. I don't believe the officer in the shooting used the necessary level of force. As an officer on this site commented, they should have dragged him out of the car and planted him on the ground as the one officer was trying to do.

And that NM officer got a seriously raw deal if what his widow and her attorney alleges is true. He was assigned to work with homeland security.
    “Homeland Security agents asked Officer Jarrott to pull over a car, when they knew the occupant of the vehicle was a known violent felon with semi automatic weapons and large amount of drugs inside the vehicle, they did so without telling Officer Jarrott of any of this,”

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And that NM officer got a seriously raw deal if what his widow and her attorney alleges is true. He was assigned to work with homeland security.
    “Homeland Security agents asked Officer Jarrott to pull over a car, when they knew the occupant of the vehicle was a known violent felon with semi automatic weapons and large amount of drugs inside the vehicle, they did so without telling Officer Jarrott of any of this,”

Feds set him up probably knowing this would be the outcome. If you watch the video, after he's on the ground and dying, you can see 2 white SUVs roll by that are obviously feds.

This is common practice for those vermin.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But they’re gonna riot regardless. It’s a crisis too big to waste on silly things like reality. There’s a revolution to win, and too many expensive shoes on the shelves to let the jury’s verdict be the finial word.
    So, how long does it take to fix the glass and restock the shelves with kicks? Seems like in some places the shopping trips mostly peaceful protests come too close together for proper 'reparations'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But they`re already bitching because they want a murder charge and are unhappy with the manslaughter charge. They need to try to understand what each charge means and accept that murder is not an applicable charge here.
    A manslaughter charge will not support the preferred narrative that police are out to deliberately kill black people for personal enjoyment or racism or to keep them down or something

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Didn't it come out during the trial that Chauvin wasn't trained on recovery position? I find that hard to believe since it's been in all my CPR training for the last 15 years, but I think I still remember hearing that reported.
    I don’t remember hearing that in the trial but I didn’t watch every bit of it.

Top Bottom