• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mobs is as mobs does, I don't care if they are colored green and come from Mars, or maybe I should. They might be armed with Acme disintegrators.;)

Attachments

• marvin-martian-dots-hdrimg.jpg
      marvin-martian-dots-hdrimg.jpg
      45 KB · Views: 7

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Using population and where they live is probably the most accurate if you're trying to measure cultural influences of rural life. But, if you're trying to decide where the least likely to encounter woke ideas, I'd say Wyoming is a safe bet. That county where the gas station was I pissed in, OMG. That was the most rural place I think I've ever been. You could see forever it seemed. Not a house or building in sight other than the gas station. I have no idea why they stuck a gas station right there other than that it may have been somewhere close to the center of the county. I'm pretty sure that wherever the county seat was, that'd probably be a safe place to hold a trial.
    Yup, I guess if you define rural as "not urban" regardless of whether there are any people or not - then Wyoming certainly would be rural. Of course you might have trouble even finding twelve people for a jury let alone a courthouse.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It seems that people in mobs always have their mouths open. So if you run into somebody with their mouth open a lot, they are probably in training so they too can join a mob and finally upgrade that old TV.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You need to take off your racism goggles. BLM is not a skin color. There are white people burning and looting as well. As jamil noted, white people are confronted (road blocks or sidewalks) and asked if they support the cause. I have not heard of any black people being confronted. But I think most decent people black or white are staying away from downtown Louisville.
    Judging from what happened in Louisville (I don't want to extrapolate that to the whole nation), there were several dynamics at play. First, there's BLM's militant leadership. In Louisville, that included a very racist woman, who went around to local businesses demanding they pay a percentage of "reparations" if they didn't have 23% black representation as employees. And threatened those businesses if they didn't comply.

Next, there are the Antifa types. Yeah, there are Antifa in Louisville. It seems their chapter is out of UofL (shocking as that is). It's also pretty obvious that they were coordinating with the BLM leadership to organize violence for late night after the national press went back to their hotels. They instigated violence. They provoked police to try to get them to engage. They burned businesses, looted, and basically did what they could to destroy the city.

Then there are the woke white Lefties who declared "allies" according to the BLM/Woke definition, which meant that they pledged to be activists and do activist things to help "the cause." So when BLM folks tell them to do something, they do it. These folks are just brainwashed into the woke cult. I'm not saying they're blameless, but just saying once they're brainwashed they just follow. Like mindless drones.

There's another group that is sane. These are the folks who see Black people being treated unfairly by LMPD. They did not go along with the violence. They tried to make it a peaceful protest. And they seemed to be genuinely frustrated by the violence. As the riots started winding down, the local pastors apparently got pretty well organized and seemed to get many of the protestors, and probably parts of their congregations to block the instigators and perpetrators of violence.

So there are a number of groups that might take up the banner of BLM, not all of whom are perpetrators and instigators of violence. I would have no problem being downtown after dark if the only protesters were the last group. But it's clear that a large percentage of BLM, at least in Louisville, were members of the other groups.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well hell, that’s some serious privilege. I could sworn the guys Rittenhouse put an end too would’ve been described as BLM supporters, but hell, I guess not. It only apply when the people are Black. We doing the one drop/one person rule to determine which protests are considered BLM?
    Where did anyone say BLM is only black people?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I got the same thing from the portions of the trial I watched. The only way I see a conviction is jury nullification in favor of the mob.
    I think that a reasonable verdict could be reached on 2nd degree manslaughter. It's not a heavy bar if you believe that Floyd's death was at least partially aided by Chauvin's actions. The paramedic's testimony was a pretty effective indictment on the officers lack of action. Also the transcript is pretty damning.

Officer Lane at one point asked if they should put Floyd on his side. He said that he thinks he's gonna pass out. Chavin said, no he's staying put. People in the crowd started saying they don't seen him breathing and demanded that the officers at least check his pulse. Officer Lane tried to find a pulse and couldn't. Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd even after the paramedics arrived. They had to tell him to get off so they could check his pulse. Probably the most effective statement the jurors heard is when the defense attorney asked him if he asked the police to begin chest compressions he said, he shouldn't have to. The police had plenty of chances to assess the real condition of Floyd, and at least officer Lane was in tune to what was happening. Chauvin declined.

So if they vote guilty on 2nd degree manslaughter, I think that's a reasonable verdict. I think the defense has mitigated a lot of the damning testimony with establishing reasonable doubt. So it could reasonably go either way. But I strongly suspect the verdict will not be reasonably reached. I think it is unlikely a Minneapolis jury made up of people who are not Chauvin's peers by any stretch, will be reasonable about their verdict. And the few who are will probably be intimidated by activist terrorists.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't think they would have the best luck in rural Minnesota.

Depending on how you define ruralness, Minnesota is about in the middle of all states in rurality while Wyoming is less rural than average.
    The James/Younger Gang did meet their demise in Northfield, MN.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So BLM people are there posing a threat, to the good white folks in Louisville, like JCSR stated?
    I was just going back through this thread and I don't think I replied to this specifically, but yes. Some BLM people have threatened white people in Louisville. It's not all BLM people doing it. And it's not uniquely black BLM people doing it. It's the militant BLM people made up of activist terrorists.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I think that a reasonable verdict could be reached on 2nd degree manslaughter. It's not a heavy bar if you believe that Floyd's death was at least partially aided by Chauvin's actions. The paramedic's testimony was a pretty effective indictment on the officers lack of action. Also the transcript is pretty damning.

Officer Lane at one point asked if they should put Floyd on his side. He said that he thinks he's gonna pass out. Chavin said, no he's staying put. People in the crowd started saying they don't seen him breathing and demanded that the officers at least check his pulse. Officer Lane tried to find a pulse and couldn't. Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd even after the paramedics arrived. They had to tell him to get off so they could check his pulse. Probably the most effective statement the jurors heard is when the defense attorney asked him if he asked the police to begin chest compressions he said, he shouldn't have to. The police had plenty of chances to assess the real condition of Floyd, and at least officer Lane was in tune to what was happening. Chauvin declined.

So if they vote guilty on 2nd degree manslaughter, I think that's a reasonable verdict. I think the defense has mitigated a lot of the damning testimony with establishing reasonable doubt. So it could reasonably go either way. But I strongly suspect the verdict will not be reasonably reached. I think it is unlikely a Minneapolis jury made up of people who are not Chauvin's peers by any stretch, will be reasonable about their verdict. And the few who are will probably be intimidated by activist terrorists.
    ^THIS^

The prosecution has made a very strong case that Chauvin's actions substantially caused Floyd's death and reduced his pre-existing medical conditions and drug levels to "fragile egg"... IANAL, but it basically boils down to even if the egg is fragile, if you're the one who cracks it, it's on you... you better have done everything by the book and with reasonable care. There is 9 1/2 minutes on video showing this was not the case.

And, I think there is also a pretty strong case made for Murder 3, depraved indifference... continuing after another officer questioned if a recovery position was needed, continuing after the other officer found no pulse, continuing after the EMTs arrived, etc.

(note, it's an open question before the MN Supreme Court whether Murder 3 applies to actions directed at a single person versus the public writ large, but currently, it does).

Having said all that, the defense has not had it's turn yet... but IMO it's a very uphill battle at this point to get to reasonable doubt. We'll have to wait and see.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ^THIS^

The prosecution has made a very strong case that Chauvin's actions substantially caused Floyd's death and reduced his pre-existing medical conditions and drug levels to "fragile egg"... IANAL, but it basically boils down to even if the egg is fragile, if you're the one who cracks it, it's on you... you better have done everything by the book and with reasonable care. There is 9 1/2 minutes on video showing this was not the case.

And, I think there is also a pretty strong case made for Murder 3, depraved indifference... continuing after another officer questioned if a recovery position was needed, continuing after the other officer found no pulse, continuing after the EMTs arrived, etc.

(note, it's an open question before the MN Supreme Court whether Murder 3 applies to actions directed at a single person versus the public writ large, but currently, it does).

Having said all that, the defense has not had it's turn yet... but IMO it's a very uphill battle at this point to get to reasonable doubt. We'll have to wait and see.
    I’m just not seeing the other 2 charges sticking if it’s an honest jury. The defense has had some key wins. But regardless I think that the media on both sides is not covering this trial fairly.

If you’re watching national mainstream media sources you’d think it’s only been devastating losses for the defense, and that it would be impossible for honest people to acquit. And if you’re watching conservative sources you’d think the opposite.

I heard someone more right leaning say something to the effect that it’s like hearing a boxing match where one guy is actually winning but the announcers are only talking about the blows the other side is landing, so that the listener would think that the wrong guy is winning. But the right is doing that too. If I only listened to rightwing sites and never actually watched hours and ours of trial video myself, I’d be sure that Chauvin is completely innocent of all charges. You just can’t be pulling for a team here.

In my own estimation so far, I think the force Chauvin used was appropriate for the totality of the encounter up to the point where it was obvious that resistance stopped. Floyd was a big powerful dude. Chauvin is short and 140 lbs. we saw what even a big drunk guy could do to two less in shape officers in the other case last year. Given all the circumstances brought out in the trial, and thinking through all the reasons a cop might do what Chauvin did, “depravity” falls lower on Occam’s Razor rankings. But, I think Chauvin really misjudged the situation. The defense offered a reasonable doubt about the cause if death. So even if Chauvin’s actions were inappropriate, a not guilty would be reasonable. Or, I think it would also be reasonable if the jury thought Chauvin’s actions were at meast partly responsible for Floyd’s death. The the 2nd degree manslaughter would be appropriate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yup, I guess if you define rural as "not urban" regardless of whether there are any people or not - then Wyoming certainly would be rural. Of course you might have trouble even finding twelve people for a jury let alone a courthouse.
    Wyoming’s least populated county has >2K population.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have read that BLM knows the jurors and have been threatening them. If that is the case shouldn't this be a mistrial for jury tampering?
    If it’s true, and if it’s proven, sure. I’m not convinced that TPTB want that. I get the feeling that the trial is just the motions one has to endure before the guilty verdict is rendered. That seems to be how the alphabet letter networks are reporting it. And that seems to be the sentiment of most people I encounter.

Top Bottom