• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigErnNP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Southeast Side
    No need to. I looked at the study it lists 7750 BLM protests. So yeah, if “hundreds” have turned violent, then you’ve just significantly increased the disparity between peaceful and violent stats I offered earlier.
    How many being considered violent is acceptable? I won't make the blanket statement that most are violent but "hundreds" being violent seems like a bad outcome. And taints the viewpoint that some would view differently had those "hundreds" not occurred.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    So, I don't watch the trial; but today, as I was surfing past one stations coverage, I see that someone from LAPD was testifying

WTAF? Was he some kind of expert witness or something? Or did they have to go that far afield to find someone who would say what they wanted said the way they wanted it said
    If you can lie and cry on command you are a potential witness. Facts don't matter.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No need to. I looked at the study it lists 7750 BLM protests. So yeah, if “hundreds” have turned violent, then you’ve just significantly increased the disparity between peaceful and violent stats I offered earlier.
    On first inspection, you are right

Take a close look at that map, though. Every city of even moderate size had a riot. Some more than one. I would like to know what the criteria was to declare something a BLM protest, because I'm not sure 5 or 10 people showing up outside the statehouse (as happened here in Ohio) should necessarily count for comparison to a full fledged riot, but can see how counting anytime two or more people waving BLM placards gathered anywhere could be used to make the number of riots look less significant - kind of like calling three or more people being shot a mass shooting event without delving into the particulars. There are an awful lot of dots out in the middle of nowhere

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because they give the best BJs? One of their other personalities did it? Because I they’re a white woman, and I’m not supposed to touch them? So many to choose. :dunno:
    Never had a doper tell me because the did too much drugs. In fact they say they haven’t done any, even when they obviously had.

Listening to the tape many, many times over, I don't think there's any way to determine what he said now. He absolutely did say "I ate too much..." though.

And now apparently some type of drug called "speed balls" was found in the back of the officer's car with Floyd's DNA on it.
    After his dealer refused to testify out of fear of potential murder charges, I'm starting to think he may have got layed out with some nasty laced stuff by his dealer. The same individual is also responsible for the forged $20.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Listening to the tape many, many times over, I don't think there's any way to determine what he said now. He absolutely did say "I ate too much..." though.

And now apparently some type of drug called "speed balls" was found in the back of the officer's car with Floyd's DNA on it.
    After his dealer refused to testify out of fear of potential murder charges, I'm starting to think he may have got layed out with some nasty laced stuff by his dealer. The same individual is also responsible for the forged $20.
    And yet we have thd powers that be still trying to sacrifice Chauvin to Molech in order to appease the mob.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What a fine organization...

Members of Black Lives Matter Chicago appeared to support the looting during a press conference in front of the first police district Monday.
    “I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike; that makes sure that person eats, that makes sure they have clothes, can make some kind of money,” said Ariel Atkins, Black Lives Matter Chicago.
    “Anything they want to take, take it; these businesses have insurance, they’re going to get their money back,”Atkins said.

Reactions: Ark

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So, I don't watch the trial; but today, as I was surfing past one stations coverage, I see that someone from LAPD was testifying

WTAF? Was he some kind of expert witness or something? Or did they have to go that far afield to find someone who would say what they wanted said the way they wanted it said
    Jody Stiger, the LAP sarge who was brought in as a use of force expert?

Defense cross-examination brought up that this person has never given expert testimony in a courtroom in his life. The trial of the year, a massive trial for use of force case law, and one of their star expert witnesses who was paid thousands and thousands of dollars to testify for the state has never given expert testimony before. :nuts:

I don't think the speculation that he was one of the only "experts" in the entire country willing to come testify against Chauvin for any amount of money is that far off the mark.

He defended his credential by claiming that use of force was standardized across the country, then had to admit that wasn't true. He displayed limited factual understanding of his own written materials and limited understanding of Minnesota police training documents. The defense just kept scoring points with him in cross-examination, and got him to refute almost everything he'd just said for the state.

Great summary below. I really do think, at this point, they had a hell of a time finding cops to testify against him as experts.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Defense cross-examination brought up that this person has never given expert testimony in a courtroom in his life. The trial of the year, a massive trial for use of force case law, and one of their star expert witnesses who was paid thousands and thousands of dollars to testify for the state has never given expert testimony before. :nuts:

I don't think the speculation that he was one of the only "experts" in the entire country willing to come testify against Chauvin for any amount of money is that far off the mark.

He defended his credential by claiming that use of force was standardized across the country, then had to admit that wasn't true. He displayed limited factual understanding of his own written materials and limited understanding of Minnesota police training documents. The defense just kept scoring points with him in cross-examination, and got him to refute almost everything he'd just said for the state.

Great summary below. I really do think, at this point, they had a hell of a time finding cops to testify against him as experts.

I think this prosecution's blunder choice of a paid "expert" is quite telling.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    On first inspection, you are right

Take a close look at that map, though. Every city of even moderate size had a riot. Some more than one. I would like to know what the criteria was to declare something a BLM protest, because I'm not sure 5 or 10 people showing up outside the statehouse (as happened here in Ohio) should necessarily count for comparison to a full fledged riot, but can see how counting anytime two or more people waving BLM placards gathered anywhere could be used to make the number of riots look less significant - kind of like calling three or more people being shot a mass shooting event without delving into the particulars. There are an awful lot of dots out in the middle of nowhere
    I don't have an issue with your post. I don't see how it weakens my argument, unless now we want to additional criteria to what the definition of a protest is.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't have an issue with your post. I don't see how it weakens my argument, unless now we want to additional criteria to what the definition of a protest is.
    Nope, I withdraw the objection. The goalposts stay put, and by counting every instance where at least two people showed up to wave BLM signs we arrive at a count of 7750, making the story that there were 'only' 520 riots

I would like to know the methodology for how the count was derived, though - counting news accounts, self reported etc - because there are 100 days between 24 May and 22 Aug, so that means over 77 BLM protests or riots (or both) Every. Single. Day.

I'd like to know the methodology because, according to Statista, there are only 3092 cities, towns or villages in the US with a population over 10000 out of a total of 19502 of any size. So either those municipalities ALL averaged at almost 1 BLM protest per month, 2 1/2 total during the period in question (making BLM issues MUCH more popular in small town and rural America than I would have thought) or four out of ten towns of any size had at least one protest (same objection as above). Again, I'm left to wonder if the protests were overwhelmingly concentrated in larger cities with better news gathering/communications or just how did this 'count' find out about BLM protests that supposedly existed in small town America

Again using Statista, there are only 314 cities, towns etc with a population over 100000. To reach the riot total, it is possible that EVERY ONE of those cities had at least one riot in those three months and quite possibly several. I would be interested to know such data as whether a BLM 'protest' had a 100% chance of becoming a riot based on city size. 173 1/3 riots every month for three months still seems like a lot to me, and I'd like to know if they were padding the count to make bad numbers seem less bad. One of the principals in the study said that what they found was what they expected to find, and in these turbulent times one wonders if that was scientific verification or self-fulfilling prophesy. If you come across any information about methodology or statistical assumptions I would be interested in a link

Edited to correct mistake in total BLM protest number

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

They have had a good run of fooling the public sheep with paid "expert" mouths. They probably thought it would be just as easy to fool the court.
    Almost makes me wonder if as BLM and others have claimed, that the prosecutor is trying to throw the case. Well this and other missteps that have happened. Not saying they are, but this isn't some small county prosecutor handling their first case. This is the state attorney generals office.

Perhaps, but they know the defense attorney gets to cross examine.

Top Bottom