• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Listening to the tape many, many times over, I don't think there's any way to determine what he said now. He absolutely did say "I ate too much..." though.

And now apparently some type of drug called "speed balls" was found in the back of the officer's car with Floyd's DNA on it.
    After his dealer refused to testify out of fear of potential murder charges, I'm starting to think he may have got layed out with some nasty laced stuff by his dealer. The same individual is also responsible for the forged $20.
    I've listened to the tape several times, I can't honestly tell if he was saying "I ate too much drugs" or "I didn't take no drugs" or possibly something different.

And a "speedball" isn't a type of drug, it's a mix of drugs. Back in the 80-90s and possibly before and after it was a mix of heroin or other opiate and cocaine. Now it seems to be an opiate and meth.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    People don't typically say they "ate" drugs, they "took" drugs or "did" drugs but not typically "ate".
    That completely depends on the drug. I've heard people say they "ate a bunch of drugs" probably dozens of times. Ex: "Oh man, remember the first time we went to Bonnarroo and Billy ate a bunch of drugs and tried to **** into the campfire but kept burning his ***?"

Using the term "eat drugs" is pretty common, especially if you're talking pills, psychedelics or edible cannabis.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is there anything he could've said that would have changed his predicament?

Personally, once he was taken to the ground, the die had been cast.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    That completely depends on the drug. I've heard people say they "ate a bunch of drugs" probably dozens of times. Ex: "Oh man, remember the first time we went to Bonnarroo and Billy ate a bunch of drugs and tried to **** into the campfire but kept burning his ***?"

Using the term "eat drugs" is pretty common, especially if you're talking pills, psychedelics or edible cannabis.
    OK, I stand corrected. I haven't been around the drug scene for several decades now. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He could have complied from the beginning.
    Sure, but when he was taken to the ground, IMHO, is where it didn't matter what he said or did. At that point, he became completely unable to influence what was going to happen. The officers' decisions were all that mattered.

It looks like the last two days of testimony were not good for the prosecution.
    I dunno - they're hitting the points they need to hit.

No trial is perfect.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well, if he was "hooping" as I thought I had read earlier, that's an odd thing to refer to as "eating". :n00b:
    When the officer was asking him about drugs, he said he didn't do any, the officer then stated he had white foam around his mouth(common indication of some drug use from what I understand), he then replied "I've been hooping". I'm going to go out on a limb and say that since he was denying using drugs at the time and continued to deny using them after he said that and since there was nothing in the coroners report about finding any inside him(other than blood/urine), he was referring to playing basketball, rather than using his rectum to attempt to smuggle them.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When the officer was asking him about drugs, he said he didn't do any, the officer then stated he had white foam around his mouth(common indication of some drug use from what I understand), he then replied "I've been hooping". I'm going to go out on a limb and say that since he was denying using drugs at the time and continued to deny using them after he said that and since there was nothing in the coroners report about finding any inside him, he was referring to playing basketball, rather than using his rectum to attempt to smuggle them.
    Hooping isn't an attempt to smuggle them.

"They also saw foam coming from Floyd’s mouth, which he explained by saying he had been “hooping earlier.” Nelson, citing the online Urban Dictionary, contended that this is an admission by Floyd that he had ingested drugs rectally."

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

"They also saw foam coming from Floyd’s mouth, which he explained by saying he had been “hooping earlier.” Nelson, citing the online Urban Dictionary, contended that this is an admission by Floyd that he had ingested drugs rectally."

It's one of the definitions, well actually it's 3 out of 5 of the definitions. In fact the top definition.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Did you see the toxicology breakdown? It just happened. you might want to take a look.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

State argues Floyd had low level of drugs in body compared even to others who lived​

After much toxicological jargon, we’ve arrived at the point.
    The state is arguing, with the help of their witness Dr. Daniel Isenschmid, a forensic toxicologist, that even though evidence showed George Floyd was found to have fentanyl and meth in his body at the time of his death, it wasn’t in high amounts, compared to cases even where others stayed alive afterward.
    Mr Floyd’s level of meth in his body was in the bottom 5.9 percent of people in DUI cases, Mr Isenschmid explained, and had a ratio of fentanyl in his body well below the ratio normally found in both post-mortem and DUI cases involving the drug.
    A major part of the defence’s case is that Mr Floyd died from a drug overdose, rather than from the knee pressed into his neck.

Top Bottom