• ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    ditto.

Yes it is. And it's pretty large, they've had conventions with over 10k attending. I know a couple of Bronies, and they are normal. Decent jobs, married, etc. I wouldn't call them far right wing white supremacists, but the couple I know aren't far left antifa types either.

One got into the show because of his girlfriend now wife, she was putting the show on in part because she liked it and in part just to annoy him. It backfired, he ended up liking it more than her. As for them growing up to be men, IMO it's not really much different then the men I've known with $10k model train set ups in their basement, or who were into building model cars/planes, or...
    Strange AF, but as long as they are playing with little girls' toys and not "playing" with little girls, we can coexist just fine.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Brony culture is an actual thing. :ugh:

When are we going to start teaching boys to grow up to be men. We are doomed if this nonsense is allowed to continue. There will be no mental instabilities if everyone is mentally unstable..
    Liberals find this behavior suitable over "toxic masculinity"...sad and troubling.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Strange AF, but as long as they are playing with little girls' toys and not "playing" with little girls, we can coexist just fine.
    The ones I know don't really play with the toys, might have a few of the figurines sitting around but that's about it. They mainly just like the show. And the one's wife is pretty short but well over the age of consent.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

When are we going to start teaching boys to grow up to be men. We are doomed if this nonsense is allowed to continue. There will be no mental instabilities if everyone is mentally unstable..

:wrongdoor:

I never heard of such a thing, I must be sheltered. Time to head back into my missile silo bunker. I will peek back out in a couple years and see how things are going then.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I had to look it up. :nuts:

Brony
    A fan of the show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". Often male, but female fans are not uncommon. (plural: bronies)

Bronies usually show a want to be accepted as normal people, but don't appear to realize that to be treated the same as anyone else, they need to stop making sure everyone knows and remembers that they are a brony at all times, without fail. They also don't appear to understand that most people don't appreciate the internet being taken over by their fandom, which is another main cause for the hate of bronies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We sometimes watch Storage Wars and one couple found a bunch of My Little Pony figures and other stuff in a locker. They took it somewhere to get it appraised and the guy at the shop was a Brony. That was the first I'd heard of it. I didn't know it was a big thing, and I sure would never have guessed it had anything to do with white supremacists. LGBTQ maybe...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Let's see...

They seem to be pretty thin on black people.

The females in the group, all of them, are ugly enough to scare the chrome off a bumper.

They all look like hoodlums. No, wait, that is appropriate.

Only two of them have hair in colors that do not occur naturally.

Ugly enough to scare the chrome off a bumper, it's been along time since I've heard that one.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The brony thing is many years old. Yes, they're a bunch of grown men who want to, um, ride cartoon horses from a kid's show, but in terms of actual real world behavior they're pretty innocuous. It's not like they meet at secret camps to train up new terrorists. It's a weird detail but I'm still anticipating some kind of direct workplace grievance to come out as the primary motive.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Apparently 60 Minutes is doing an expose on the uber-dangerous right-wing militia group, Oath Keepers, tonight.

Honestly it doesn't matter what a targeted group believes; they're working straight from Alinsky's playbook - pick a target and polarize it.
    I had thought that supposedly the Oath keepers were primarily current and ex-law enforcement and military, who still upheld their sacred Oath to Honor and defend the United States Constitution. They`re described as a far-right wing group. I already knew that the notion of honoring and defending the Constitution was primarily a conservative effort, but...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I had thought that supposedly the Oath keepers were primarily current and ex-law enforcement and military, who still upheld their sacred Oath to Honor and defend the United States Constitution. They`re described as a far-right wing group. I already knew that the notion of honoring and defending the Constitution was primarily a conservative effort, but...
    That is my understanding as well. I'm not real familiar with any of these groups just what I look up when the media or forum brings it up.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

We're teaching kids that they get to pick their own gender.
    We're teaching kids that just because you can give birth doesn't mean you're female.

Why is anyone surprised mental illness is spiking off the charts? We ****ing celebrate mental illness.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and anyone else notice the lack of coverage of weapons used? Seems unusual.

Or do we think its not being made a big deal because we are a reasonable city with LEOs that have their head screwed on straight and just arent making a big deal because its not?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oath Keepers: "pledge to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic."
    60 minutes: WOW LOOK AT ALL THOSE DOGWHISTLES

The funny thing is, all these people claiming "dog whistles" don't get the ironic implication.

Protip, it isn't a dog whistle if you can identify it, unless you're part of the club as well.

Top Bottom