Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'd say enforcement, but it would require better inter-agency communication to get that info into the NICS database.
    You mean, kind of like what HB 1369 attempted to make happen, that our fake friends in NAGR/HGR tried to claim was a "database requirement" and implied that said database was of gun owners?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Word I’m getting is that it’s domestic-related. Still waiting on confirmation, but the working Intel says that he was beefing with his girlfriend and threatened her the previous night, stating that he was “going to make her pay” for something having to do with their child in common. Apparently he thought she was supposed to be at work last night and that was the motivation for the target location.

Like I said it’s unconfirmed at the moment but I’m reaching out to corroborate it.
    Stolen gun? Or taken from a friend?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    "Contact with" or "known to" probably describes a very high number of people. Look at how common corona snitching is, the FBI probably get ten thousand calls a day about such-and-such "suspicious person". The files of people they've had "contact with" from those reports probably numbers in the hundreds of thousands or low millions.
    Yeah... I'm fairly certain there is a difference between being "known to LEO" because of being an anti-masker and being "known to LEO" because a family member reported violent tendencies and suspicion of desire to suicide-by-cop...

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yeah... I'm fairly certain there is a difference between being "known to LEO" because of being an anti-masker and being "known to LEO" because a family member reported violent tendencies and suspicion of desire to suicide-by-cop...
    It does make me curious about what was found in the bedroom that was suspicious.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Zoomers are a mixed bag.

I notice a lot more conservative views coming from Zoomers than most millennials. They say some pretty ridiculous stuff, but so did I when I was a teenager.
    I think there is some data to back up what you’ve noticed. Polls have shown that there is an increase in politically conservative views among Zoomers compared with millennials. Not social conservatives. They don’t care to fight against gay marriage or abortion. But they do more conservative viewpoints. It seems this is a phenomenon of counter culture. When I was their age leftism was the counter culture. Now it’s flipped polarity.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    A lot of companies around here hire us to do part time security when they fire someone they fear might return.
    When I worked at Monarch Beverage, to gain the 1st initial entrance onto the property, you had to scan your ID keycard at the gate to raise the
    barrier arm to get in.

At the gate was a off duty LEO working security.
    The security shack was a block structure with bullet proof glass.

Keycards was disabled the second a employee was terminated.

From the gate to the Office entry door was about 350 feet, it was only accessible 8am-5pm. You could get in that door without a keycard, but not any farther than the lobby without one. The main door for employees to use was 525 feet from the gate and required a card for entry there also.

Any door other than the initial office entry door required you ID keycard to gain access to the building and that was 14 doors.
    You even needed a entry card to bring Trucks back onto the lot returning to work.
    We was a 24 hour operation employing 650+ employees in Indianapolis alone.

If Indiana's largest Beer distributor with a half a million square feet could afford these security measures, then a company that's #14 on the fortune 500 list should have been able to do the same thing.

I know there was at LEAST 1 person on the premises at all times that had a firearm.

FedEx clearly did not have the safety of their employees in mind.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I just turned 30 so I guess that makes me a Millennial(don't tell Trooper). I was brought up more old-school I think. Started working at 16 and never minded it. Some of these kids these days just flat out don't get it. It's all phones and video games. Mom or grandma will take care of everything. Know of several kids like that.

Far as this ****-stain, glad we don't have to pay for him but still took the coward way out.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I am going to say that there are circumstantial causes. You put a still-forming mind in a situation that starts with school in its micromanaging, zero-tolerance, petty, and mind-numbing glory--deliberately designed to stop human beings from being rational individuals to an employer with virtually no redeeming qualities which doubles down on this environment, and I can see the lid blowing off the pressure cooker.

Those I have known who have worked for FedEx have painted a picture of something like prison that let's you go home at the end of the day. After so much of this, people will start to crack, especially those who were more fragile to begin with. The more external control we see applied to more people, the more of them we will see depart the rails.
    Couldn`t disagree more, other than, we`ve seen generations that needed "safe spaces" to scurry off to when someone hurt their little feelings. Like prison because their employer deemed they ought not have their cell phones while they`re supposed to be working? C`mon man.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I worked at Monarch Beverage, to gain the 1st initial entrance onto the property, you had to scan your ID keycard at the gate to raise the
    barrier arm to get in.

At the gate was a off duty LEO working security.
    The security shack was a block structure with bullet proof glass.

Keycards was disabled the second a employee was terminated.

From the gate to the Office entry door was about 350 feet, it was only accessible 8am-5pm. You could get in that door without a keycard, but not any farther than the lobby without one. The main door for employees to use was 525 feet from the gate and required a card for entry there also.

Any door other than the initial office entry door required you ID keycard to gain access to the building and that was 14 doors.
    You even needed a entry card to bring Trucks back onto the lot returning to work.
    We was a 24 hour operation employing 650+ employees in Indianapolis alone.

If Indiana's largest Beer distributor with a half a million square feet could afford these security measures, then a company that's #14 on the fortune 500 list should have been able to do the same thing.

I know there was at LEAST 1 person on the premises at all times that had a firearm.

FedEx clearly did not have the safety of their employees in mind.
    When I worked at that facility it was just drive in past the guard shack that was "NEVER" manned. Never.
    Eventually that had a sign in deal but you could drive around anyone at the shack signing in. Security was not an issue.
    These people were all micro managing bottom line people. I hated having to deal with anyone in the management office. Total Richards. Even the females so go figure.

My contacts were the maint staff.....all "2" of them.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    No one has said this...(yet)...and perhaps no one will or was going to, but ok, heck, I`ll be the one to ask the rhetorical question.

I`ll start by saying, don`t dare pretend that you don`t know what I`m saying, or blast me for asking the question. That, and I`m NOT making light of the loss of human life, anywhere, at any time...but those who seek to disarm us use instances like these to make the baseless claims that a free people cannot be trusted with firearms...where are they, and why are they silent as those, particularly in the inner cities, like Chicago, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Detroit, et al., daily, or actually usually nightly, spray their neighborhoods with rounds, taking each other out because someone "dissed" them. Many of these inner cities are more dangerous than Mogadishu, and it`s a cultural, educational, and generational problem, and THESE are the things that aren`t addressed. It`s easier, and of course, it is part of their agenda to vilify the law-abiding gun owner, whose firearms are strictly for defensive purposes. They already know that laws don`t stop criminals, it only stops those of us who are good, decent, law-abiding citizens. That`s why I so strongly applaud Sheriff`s who refuse to enforce unconstitutional anti-gun "laws", and local governments who become Second Amendment Sanctuaries. Despotic government, this out of control liberal, anti-America "media", and globalists are at the root of the attacks on your constitutional freedoms and individual liberties, and resistance is the ONLY alternative.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    No one has said this...(yet)...and perhaps no one will or was going to, but ok, heck, I`ll be the one to ask the rhetorical question.

I`ll start by saying, don`t dare pretend that you don`t know what I`m saying, or blast me for asking the question. That, and I`m NOT making light of the loss of human life, anywhere, at any time...but those who seek to disarm us use instances like these to make the baseless claims that a free people cannot be trusted with firearms...where are they, and why are they silent as those, particularly in the inner cities, like Chicago, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Detroit, et al., daily, or actually usually nightly, spray their neighborhoods with rounds, taking each other out because someone "dissed" them. Many of these inner cities are more dangerous than Mogadishu, and it`s a cultural, educational, and generational problem, and THESE are the things that aren`t addressed. It`s easier, and of course, it is part of their agenda to vilify the law-abiding gun owner, whose firearms are strictly for defensive purposes. They already know that laws don`t stop criminals, it only stops those of us who are good, decent, law-abiding citizens. That`s why I so strongly applaud Sheriff`s who refuse to enforce unconstitutional anti-gun "laws", and local governments who become Second Amendment Sanctuaries. Despotic government, this out of control liberal, anti-America "media", and globalists are at the root of the attacks on your constitutional freedoms and individual liberties, and resistance is the ONLY alternative.

“...where are they, and why are they silent as those, particularly in the inner cities, like Chicago, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Detroit, et al., daily, or actually usually nightly, spray their neighborhoods with rounds, taking each other out because someone "dissed" them.”

Was this your question, buried in a wall of text and not followed by a question mark? If so, it has been asked many times before.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Because they believe society needs child proofed so they don't lose more of their voter base.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    “...where are they, and why are they silent as those, particularly in the inner cities, like Chicago, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Detroit, et al., daily, or actually usually nightly, spray their neighborhoods with rounds, taking each other out because someone "dissed" them.”

Was this your question, buried in a wall of text and not followed by a question mark? If so, it has been asked many times before.
    I`ve not heard the question asked, good for you if you have. It doesn`t get asked, or if at all, not often, since it doesn`t fit their agenda. But thanks for playing...

Top Bottom