• ...and so much more!
  • XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Places to buy...

Ranger Supply ( Times corner area off Getz rd SW Ft. Wayne)
    21st Century ( 18 miles south of the airport in Bluffton.. A site supporter here)
    Tomlinsons ( Short drive north West of Ft. Wayne right off 33 in Churubusco)
    Hillside shooting ( Roanoke area)

Ranges... Most require membership or invite as guest... Roush in Huntington is public... Not sure about Hillside... Others last I knew required membership or invite, unless a special event was being hosted.

Ft. Wayne rifle/Revolver ( Harlan area)
    Izaak Walton ( north side ft. Wayne)
    Roush Range ( about 25 miles south west of airport in Huntington area)
    Hillside ( Roanoke area)
    SW Conservation Club ( south side few miles north of airport off sr 1)
    Ossian conservation club ( 10 miles south of airport)

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    There is always H & H/Targetmaster. It has a nice indoor range, although it is a pricer alternative to Roush. I prefer to shoot outside when weather permits.

I have also bought guns from Ed Hirschy. I hesitate to bring the name up because there are some that do not like to do business there. I find it a good place providing you know you are going to buy, know what you are going to buy, and know the lowest price you can find it at elsewhere. You can walk out with a deal. If you haven't done your homework, Ed will be the one with the deal. Ed's isn't a place to go shop/browse.

foamkiller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    There is also Ideal Fish and Game in Churubusco. They have a range plus have trap houses. Membership is $25/yr and can be purchased from Tomlinson's Shooting Supplies in Churubusco.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Hillside has memberships available...not sure of prices but great location...about 15 mins from Ft Wayne and they also have public shooting no membership required...I believe is $10 or 15 per visit...don't quote me but I am close! Visit the store first then go shoot! May seem a little more than most but wait until you see the set-up up to and including the 1000 yard range. Roush also nice and close. Boy we really do have some great places around NE IN.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks guys! That'll give us a good place to start!
    If you get a membership which one do you prefer?

All depends on how much willing to drive and exactly what you want to shoot...

If primarily shooting handguns, I would suggest checking out Roush before buying a membership. You shoot there all day for only $4.00 and its probably one of the nicest for handgun, if not the nicest.

If more interested in rifle, then might look at Hillside or Ft. Wayne rifle/revolver.

Waynetucky10

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'd recommend Ranger Supply and K&T Guns in New Haven to buy, and Hillside to shoot.Call Hillside ahead of time though, they have strange hours.And is it just me, or does it seem like their prices on guns and ammo have gone up considerably since they moved in to their new addition.But as mentioned above, I think their range fee is around $15.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I'd recommend Ranger Supply and K&T Guns in New Haven to buy, and Hillside to shoot.Call Hillside ahead of time though, they have strange hours.And is it just me, or does it seem like their prices on guns and ammo have gone up considerably since they moved in to their new addition.But as mentioned above, I think their range fee is around $15.
    Agreed/ I love to shoot steel at Hillside but their gun shop is quite expensive, IMO. Nice people though and a safe place to shoot!:rockwoot:

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I find it a good place providing you know you are going to buy, know what you are going to buy, and know the lowest price you can find it at elsewhere. You can walk out with a deal. If you haven't done your homework, Ed will be the one with the deal. Ed's isn't a place to go shop/browse.

This man has it exactly right. Kudos.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    ViperJock,

I don't get out much but I really enjoy Roush Lake. It is 100% under cover and very safe.

It has a range safety officer at all hours that it is open. There is a little vending machine and they have the basics that you may need.

It is $4 per person for the entire day. It costs $80 for an annual pass.

Also available at Rousch is a skeet range and a bow range, but I haven't used those.

It has a pistol range and the rifle ranges are 50 and 100 yards. There is a concrete sidewalk to walk down to the targets in case it is muddy out. (I know, I'm wimpy sometimes:D)

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom